MopaneMike
(.300 member)
26/04/06 11:56 AM
Rumor, rumor..

Heard from a pretty solid source that Remington made a deal with a Euro company for...... Drum roll please...... Mauser actions.... Not allowed to disclose maker cause the folks at MarkX would not like it..

CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
26/04/06 12:01 PM
Re: Rumor, rumor..

Now that could really put a spark under Remington. I wouldn't give a plug nickel for a 700, but a nice Mauser maybe. Depends on if they can actually come up with a stock, and then the overall fit and finish.

I'm not a big fan of the green and yellow box.

Curl

macleod470
(.224 member)
26/04/06 01:02 PM

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_798.asp

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_799.asp

Click on specs for pricing and calibers, they look pretty nice and affordable to, but everything looks better on the web, I would be interested to handle one to see if they are any good Oh yea they've got the weight down for all the 798's at 7lbs including v.375handh and .458 win mag, I dont think i'd be interested in shooting a 7 lb win mag

CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
26/04/06 01:09 PM

Yeah, those are butt ugly stocks. I'd take Tupperware over that.

It looks like a Mark X, with the same pushbutton latch on the floorplate and the crappy safety on the trigger.

I think I'll go to bed now, obviously getting cross.

Curl

luv2safari
(.400 member)
26/04/06 01:15 PM

About a month ago Charles Daley announced that they were no longer offering their Mauser action rifles, and that Remington now would market the rifles at a higher price. These are the same actions as the old Interarms MK X guns. The quality suffered with Daley in the works, IMO.

Remington is now becoming an importer, rather than a manufacturer. They will resemble Browning soon. And, with the Remington influence, they won't have the old metric standard calibers, you can bank on that. Example...the Baikal SXS in 9,3X74R not offered as a Spartan chambering...

AdamTayler
(.375 member)
26/04/06 02:10 PM

In reply to:

Where are the sights on the 375 and 458???

The fine print states that those two models come with sights.

MopaneMike
(.300 member)
26/04/06 03:43 PM

Jeez, just call me Geraldo.. All that suspense and another disapointment...

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
27/04/06 02:00 AM

I'm moving this thread to the new Mauser forums in a few hours/day.

God forbid, Mauser Remingtons but must say the actions are an improvement.

DPhillips
(.375 member)
27/04/06 05:54 AM

The only thing "Remington" about these rifles are the stocks. These are the same barreled actions Charles Daly was importing in the past, presumabley the same as the Mark X. They are Zastava made in Serbia.

bulldog563
(.400 member)
28/04/06 05:51 PM

They said it was a square bridge Mauser.... Wow you could have fooled me. I thought Square Bridge Mausers were actually supposed to have a square bridge.

DoubleD
(.400 member)
28/04/06 06:56 PM

Take a second look, those things look square like a Ruger.

luv2safari
(.400 member)
29/04/06 01:53 PM

This is a bit confusing... They say it is a square bridge and it takes the common Mauser 98 scope mounts...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com