jvw
(.300 member)
01/05/23 05:13 PM
Mayfair Engineering

This may be the wrong place to ask this, but does anyone here have any up-to-date news regarding the current state of affairs at Mayfair Engineering? A friend has been waiting for a substantial order for some time and is getting a bit nervous.

We're assuming they're just busy, but some feedback would be nice. Nobody wants to start throwing rocks yet, just looking for an update.

Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
02/05/23 07:13 AM
Re: Mayfair Engineering

Have you called them? I have spoken to them a number of times and they have always answered the phone, maybe give that a try first.

Matt.

jvw
(.300 member)
02/05/23 08:18 AM

Quote:

Have you called them? I have spoken to them a number of times and they have always answered the phone, maybe give that a try first.

Matt.

My friend has called them, yes. Mostly no answer. He's getting a bit anxious as his e-mails are going unanswered as well.

Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
02/05/23 09:05 AM

Yeah that's never good. Westley Richards uses their actions and so does Rigby I believe for their London Best Guns so you could try contacting them and see if there are any problems with the deliveries at present.

Matt.

bouldersmith
(.375 member)
04/05/23 01:52 AM

I tried to place an order with them in January and after trying to get through to someone for weeks I finally had an email response and was told that they are not taking any more orders for 2023 and 2024.

85lc
(.375 member)
04/05/23 07:19 AM

Well at least they are still in business, just overloaded it seems.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
04/05/23 02:47 PM

Quote:

Well at least they are still in business, just overloaded it seems.

I hopes.

Overloaded businesses, too great and quick expansion can create cashflow problems and failure.

One hopes all is fine.

How many people are employed there?

DORLEAC
(.333 member)
04/05/23 09:50 PM

For special orders we have used Mayfair Engineering actions in kurz/left-handed configuration.
Their action is of a very good quality and for us superior to many competitors.
On the other hand, the weight is excessive if we compare to an Original Mauser Kurz made at Oberndorf before WW2 in the same configuration (except of course for the southpaw option).
What is not a disadvantage for a magnum caliber is annoying for a light stalking rifle.
This is due to the fact that many milling operations that are not visible externally - millings intended to lighten the receiver as much as possible without altering its resistance - are not carried out with the aim of a lower cost price.
I have always preferred to use commercial Original Mauser actions even though they require a lot of work in blue printing and heat treatment.

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

Contact Us NitroExpress.com