Tentman
(.300 member)
13/09/11 11:46 AM
Oberndorf Intermediate Action Barrel Shank

Hello Guys

I have what I believe is a Mauser Model B sporter, built I think on what is termed the "intermediate" action. Stamped WAFFENFABRIK MAUSER OBERNDORF A/N 1910

According to some references these were a small (.980) shank barrel. It there any way to determine this for sure without pulling the existing barrel ?

Thanks

John303
(.300 member)
13/09/11 12:11 PM
Re: Oberndorf Intermediate Action Barrel Shank

I'm no expert but if I understand correctly, because the barrel torques onto the C / H ring inside the front receiver ring, the barrel at the receiver is / should be the same dia. as the threads. FWIW --- John303.

justcurious
(.333 member)
13/09/11 05:33 PM

If the caliber is 7x57 and the bolt shorter than the standard length and the action overall length has the same length than the standard mauser ( large ring , longer front receiver ring) it is absolutely for sure that the barrel has the small threads.

Tentman
(.300 member)
15/09/11 08:41 PM

Thanks justcurious. Yes, this describes my rifle exactly.

If I wanted to keep an eye out for a replacement stock on egun, how would this action be described in German ?

justcurious
(.333 member)
15/09/11 10:48 PM

Tentman

here in Germany there is the designation the same as for You " Intermediate System " . You should ad

" wie Perumauser ".

But I think you are wasting your time. HaveŽnt seen any in the last 6 years on egun.

The only commercial riflestocks for this action were made together with the Original Oberndorf prewar Sporters.

And they are rare. A leftover stock even more so.

What you can find are the Military rifle stocks for the Perumauser(very often).

Postwar rifles(stocks) for that action are always a custom proposition.

Good luck !

Contact Us NitroExpress.com