DORLEAC
(.333 member)
04/06/22 02:46 AM
6XC stalking rifle on kurz action by DORLEAC

We built this D&D "Best Quality Light Game Rifle", in 6mmXC Norma caliber, on an Original Mauser Kurz action.
This rifle was the subject of a special order from a great amateur, hunter and collector, who died too soon.
Even if we are not fond of this type of low bolt lever, we had to respect our client requirements who wanted both a traditional claw mount and this wonderful little 2-7x36 scope that Kahles no longer manufactures.
This rifle was intended for hunting in the moors of Scotland and it was designed and optimized for this sole task without any real aesthetic concern.
In fact it is the adaptation to the function that creates a certain form of elegance.
We put a lot of care, heart and respect into this realization, as the human relations we had with this great sportsman were imbued with simplicity, trust and cordiality.

Regards to all.

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

93x64mm
(.416 member)
04/06/22 07:38 AM
Re: 6XC stalking rifle on kurz action by DORLEAC

Beautiful work as always MrD.
Nothing over the top, just honest top quality workmanship that frankly more than rivals the likes of Rigby, H&H & their ilk!
As far a aesthetics, this rifle has marvellous lines, your client has good tastes! You have simply brought his ideas into reality.
The engraving & colour hardening touches, just superb!

FlatTop45
(.300 member)
04/06/22 08:40 AM

Another beautiful piece, as your rifles always are! A perfect stalking rifle, she looks as light as a feather. Wonderful attention to detail throughout and I especially like the double-set triggers and the Prince of Wales grip. I imagine she points like a fine, bespoke shotgun.

Thank you for sharing!

J

yumastepside
(.333 member)
04/06/22 08:43 AM

Very nice, not overdone, slight embellishment on an otherwise working rifle.
Is that an FN safety?

Roger

DarylS
(.700 member)
04/06/22 02:40 PM

I started at the bottom of the thread for some reason & upon seeing the first picture, knew it was one of yours Joel - absolutely marvelous. So SPECIAL!!

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
04/06/22 03:54 PM

Dorleac elegance as always.

It must be wonderful to have Dorleac beauties in one's gunrack.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
04/06/22 03:55 PM

Btw what is an 6XC?

justcurious
(.333 member)
04/06/22 07:46 PM

The 6XC is Normas upgraded version of the 6mm Benchrest cartridge.
The safety btw is a BRNO M21 .
The execution by D&D perfect and tasteful as always.
Even if it is not ones preferred style in details you can only admire the grade of perfection and consistancy.

PatagonHunter
(.300 member)
04/06/22 09:38 PM

Hello Mr. DORLEAC,

Great work, as usual in your workshop.
The refinements you have made are very good for my taste. The BRNO safety is one of them.
The design and excecution couldn´t be better.

PH

Rigby350
(.300 member)
04/06/22 09:39 PM

As always an extraordinarily elegant rifle, incredible craftsmanship from the D&D team.

bwanabobftw
(.375 member)
04/06/22 11:03 PM

Simply Perfection !!!!!!!
Robert

Louis
(.375 member)
05/06/22 02:26 AM

Classic with an additional hint of class, perfect in all aspects, and much desirable ... well, this is all pleonasm when referring to a Dorleac & Dorleac rifle!
Louis

260rem
(.375 member)
05/06/22 10:48 AM

I've got a bunch of the no longer made 2-7x36 Kahles scopes, I even have a spare one.
I just wish I had that rifle if not in that calibre to put it on.that's magnificent work, well done.

pjaln
(.375 member)
05/06/22 09:41 PM

as usual with Joel ,very few gunsmiths could make a sweptback style bolt look good on a classic stalker like this , Carlo casartellis bolts where also done not to offend ...Paul

degoins
(.333 member)
07/06/22 12:15 AM

Magnificent as always!!!

HeymSR20
(.300 member)
08/06/22 08:03 PM

Love little rifle. And its a real pity that the little 2-7, 3-9x36 scopes are no longer made by Khales, Swarovski etc. They are light, compact and allow a nice low scope mount on a trim little rifle. And on a hunting rifle that’s what you want - well thats my thinking.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com