jgrabow
(.300 member)
14/11/12 11:05 AM
Mausers for Sale

DONS has quite a few Mausers for sale, see link.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Mauser-Rifles-Sporters-Pre-War.cfm?cat_id=317

DarylS
(.700 member)
14/11/12 11:28 AM
Re: Mausers for Sale

Wow! Don's sure thinks a lot of those rifles. Maybe I'm out of line, but wow!

xausa
(.400 member)
15/11/12 03:23 AM

I was lucky enough to buy a couple of Don's culls a while back for considerably less than the prices on the ones now advertised, but then, they were culls. Don's culls, however, are not to be sneezed at.

Looking on down the page, this caught my eye:

I wondered why someone would go to all the trouble to have a duplicate stock made with a nice piece of wood and then not checker it. Also, why would someone put the Greener safety on the starboard side rather than the port? Do you have to push the button to the rear to release the safety? Why a Greener safety in the first place, since there is no scope? Why double set triggers with a 10.75X68?

jgrabow
(.300 member)
15/11/12 05:02 AM

The magazine box doesn't fit the stock either.

lancaster
(.470 member)
15/11/12 05:44 AM

Quote:

I was lucky enough to buy a couple of Don's culls a while back for considerably less than the prices on the ones now advertised, but then, they were culls. Don's culls, however, are not to be sneezed at.

I wondered why someone would go to all the trouble to have a duplicate stock made with a nice piece of wood and then not checker it. Also, why would someone put the Greener safety on the starboard side rather than the port? Do you have to push the button to the rear to release the safety? Why a Greener safety in the first place, since there is no scope? Why double set triggers with a 10.75X68?

not everything done then was logical

sometime it was only the special taste of the owner and the greener safety was a silent stalking safety and not necessarily made because of a scope. why the double set triggers,well to show it is a german rifle.

lancaster
(.470 member)
15/11/12 06:02 AM

love the "Chas. A. Heyer & Co. Nairobi" in 6,5x58 Portuguese

rigbymauser
(.400 member)
15/11/12 06:05 PM

All Dons rifles are true collectors grade pieces. All rare, original and in high condition. I know that there are collectors out there who has the capacity to snatch them all. They are definately lovely guns I enjoy to see, and it´s good we have collectors that can preserve items of the past so we do not forget how things ought to be done. The ol´Mauser M98 is still one of the finest repeting systems, maybe only shared with the Schönauer.

Rule303
(.416 member)
15/11/12 07:56 PM

Quote:

I could well be wrong with this rifle but I have seen the double trigger system before. I think the front was the set trigger and the rea the normal trigger or vice versa.

Clark
(.275 member)
15/11/12 09:44 PM

Quote:

love the "Chas. A. Heyer & Co. Nairobi" in 6,5x58 Portuguese

That's my favourite as well, naturally . Together with the Type A in 7x57.

/C

Contact Us NitroExpress.com