yamoon
(.275 member)
10/03/24 03:19 PM
Need help

I have never mastered the art of posting photos to this site. Is there a kind person who could do it for me? It is a question about the rear sight mounting base on my 1910.
Thanks Mike

lancaster
(.470 member)
10/03/24 04:31 PM
Re: Need help

you have a pm

lancaster
(.470 member)
10/03/24 05:47 PM

"Looking for information on my rear sight mount. The measurements are 13mm x 10mm and the hole is 3mm x 8mm. Thanks to Lancaster for posting this for me."

must be british made, please make also pics of the front mount because they are calibrate to each other. just now I can only assume the scope mount feet that fitss into this hook into and than locked into the front mount. so there must be an undercut in this part here.

lancaster
(.470 member)
10/03/24 05:50 PM

wait a minute, there must be no undercut in the hole. its possible the feet while going into the whole had a hook that grab behind this edge

lancaster
(.470 member)
10/03/24 06:44 PM

could be the other way, the scope mount hook into the front base and there was a spring loaded lever on the rear feet that locked behind this edge. its british, thinking I have seen such things before but they are not very common and not like german scope mounts. its not the way a german solving problems. allways remember they driving on the wrong side.

kuduae
(.400 member)
10/03/24 11:05 PM

Apparently a claw mount as made by A. Schueler, Suhl. A lever locked under the shelf at the rear of the base:

lancaster
(.470 member)
11/03/24 05:43 PM

there you got me kuduae
this mount may have some advantages on a break action gun because it build maybe lower than a another one its hard to believe for me someone would use this for a bolt action rifle when the claw mount was around.

yamoon
(.275 member)
12/03/24 06:57 AM

The front mount is just the standard looking claw style dove tailed into the front receiver ring. I was hoping to install a scope without adding a side mount. Doesn’t look like I can use the existing mount. I will continue to try using the open sights.
Mike

Rothhammer1
(.400 member)
12/03/24 07:37 AM

Quote:

The front mount is just the standard looking claw style dove tailed into the front receiver ring. I was hoping to install a scope without adding a side mount. Doesn’t look like I can use the existing mount. I will continue to try using the open sights.
Mike

New England Custom Gun (NECG) has parts that perhaps may be adapted to your situation: NECG - Claw Mounts

Contact Us NitroExpress.com