riflegunbuilder
(.224 member)
11/01/21 02:11 PM
Kahles scope repair>

I'm looking at a MS with a Kahles scope in claw mounts. The scope is cloudy. Who does repairs on older European scopes?

Ripp
(.577 member)
12/01/21 03:30 AM
Re: Kahles scope repair>

Quote:

I'm looking at a MS with a Kahles scope in claw mounts. The scope is cloudy. Who does repairs on older European scopes?

There used to be a scope repair place out of Texas.. I will look and get back to you...

Ripp
(.577 member)
12/01/21 03:48 AM

https://www.kahles.at/us/service

Service and Repairs

With your KAHLES product you have purchased a high quality product. In order to offer you the best service, all work will be done exclusively by our experienced technicians and only with genuine spare parts in our company in Guntramsdorf.

In warranty cases, as well of service and/or repair questions please follow our contact details in the warranty section below.

Warranty
Our warranty and repair service is only for original KAHLES devices or products. If you have any questions, please contact our official KAHLES service partner for USA and Canada:

SWAROVSKI OPTIK N.A. LTD.
2 Slater Road, Cranston, RI 02920

Phone 800-426-3089
Email warrantyrepair(at)swarovskioptik.us

Consumers located in the USA can initiate service orders and receive status updates online. Click here to go to the online repair portal.

Historical Riflescopes
We still take care also of customer with historical KAHLES rifles scopes. If you have any questions please contact our customer service.

or

http://www.parsonsscopeservice.com/services.html

or

L&K Scope Repair in Eldridge MO. (417-426-5041)

or
??

Not sure

Rothhammer1
(.400 member)
12/01/21 05:38 AM

L&K is no longer in business.

riflegunbuilder
(.224 member)
12/01/21 06:52 AM

Spoke with Kahles/Swarovdki this morning, they advise on older Helia scopes they have to go back to Austria.

Ripp, let me know if you come up with the place in Texas.

Ripp
(.577 member)
12/01/21 08:18 AM

Quote:

Spoke with Kahles/Swarovdki this morning, they advise on older Helia scopes they have to go back to Austria.

Ripp, let me know if you come up with the place in Texas.

--

The Texas place is gone as well..BUT.. I made a few calls.. found this one.. and it has on their site that they work on Kahles scopes..

https://ironsightinc.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=6

Ironically enough you helped me as well.. called and spoke to a fine lady at Vintage Scope repair located right here in Corvallis, MT

https://www.vintagegunscopes.com/press-r...tage-gun-scopes

I have an old Wide-View Weaver.. was the first scope I even bought.. was on a 300Win Mag for about 18 years..finally gave up the ghost..want to put it on a rifle for my son, actually the first store bought rifle I purchased.. Rem 700 BDL.. have had a new barrel put on it.. Hart to be exact.. chambered in 7-300 Weatherby.. odd I know. I was ahead of my time before the RUM's hit.. I had this built and took it to Alaska on a do-it yourself caribou hunt.. super accurate..albeit a bit heavy.. there is more info than you cared to know..

Marrakai
(.416 member)
12/01/21 10:31 AM

It is my understanding that the cloudy lens problem is usually caused by the balsam "glue" that joins the two ground halves of the lenses together having deteriorated. The lenses will need to be split using heat, and re-balsamed.
Not all scope service technicians are up to this. The lenses can crack when heated, but if the techie knows his stuff, the risk should be small.

I have personally had this done for a vintage Pecar in claw mounts, and could make a recommendation or two if you were in Oz, but can't help on your side of the pond unfortunately.

Good luck with it!

riflegunbuilder
(.224 member)
12/01/21 11:05 AM

Ripp, does Vintage scopes do Kahles? I have a call into Ironsight but have heard their wait times can be Extremely long lead time.

Rothhammer1
(.400 member)
12/01/21 02:09 PM

Quote:

I have a call into Ironsight but have heard their wait times can be Extremely long lead time.

I'm watching this thread with interest.

I still need to have my Gerard B serviced. I had almost sent it in to L&K (no longer an option) a couple of times but was also a bit put off by the wait times (a year or more) and just plain nervous about shipping that scope away, having had shipments lost before.

It sure would be nice to find an outfit to which I could hand carry it and pick it up when it's done.

Ripp
(.577 member)
13/01/21 01:33 AM

Quote:

Ripp, does Vintage scopes do Kahles? I have a call into Ironsight but have heard their wait times can be Extremely long lead time.

I asked Vintage if they work on Kahles and she told me no.. Sorry

I did go on Ironsight web address and saw they have a form you can complete and mail to them with your scope for repair.

IF you don't want to wait on the phone I'd insure he scope on inland marine coverage on your homeowners policy and mail it to them... You don't get it back you get a new one with your ho policy..

I will research a bit more today as my day allows

JDL
(.300 member)
25/01/21 09:12 AM

This is a bit dated but, I sent an old Denver Redfield 4x to Ironsight probably 15 years ago. They cleaned, replaced seals, and replaced a broken ocular lens. IIRC, it took about 8 weeks but, the scope came back like new internally but, with all the use marks on the tube.

Rustyzipper
(.275 member)
14/02/21 01:15 PM

I am not going to send my old Kahles to anyone if I don't have to. It is not perfectly clear but still better than some new American scopes. I have an old Redfield widefield with post and crosshair that has something loose. At 2 3/4x it is one of my favorite for heavy caliber guns. I have one also with the dual X crosshair with the same problem. May I ask who repairs them? TIA. Be Well, RustyZipper.

Lawman
(.275 member)
14/02/21 06:34 PM

I had a Redfield 2 3/4X, Post and Crosshairs returned by Ironsite 10 days ago. Completely satisfied with their work. Probably a 6 month wait. But so what? Had a modern Leupold variable on my 1903, worked fine just did not look right. I would go to them in a minute for other scope repairs.

Hook
(.224 member)
22/02/21 05:35 AM

I highly recommend Ironsight, Inc. I have a 1939 era 1903 Stutzen with what appears to be an era Hensoldt on it. The Hensoldt was very foggy and Ironsight did a great job cleaning it up and replacing the post reticle. The cost was, I thought, very reasonable.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com