lancaster
(.470 member)
14/04/19 07:39 PM
spring break for the mannlicher

the .375 flanged mannlicher dont see a lot of use - lack of time

I notice the bolt spring was not good anymore. my feeling was a half second between pulling the trigger and making bang. the rifle must have standing in a corner for a very long time cocked.
last week on the site of an antique parts dealer "Hembrug M 95 spring 5 euro" and I was thinking hembrug or steyr this thing must fit.

the spring at top is the new one, some mm longer then the old

looking for problems in the bolt when disassembled, the common old hard grease and dirt but the only thing was a little feather inside. the word spring comes from an old germanic word meaning "moving". you know that a lot of the english words have latin- french background https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OynrY8JCDM

the german word for spring is "Feder" and this feder ( you hear the feather) is also the same for a birds feather. I belief this came from the thin flat springs in the old times, so thin like a birds feather.
anyway here in the bolt were two "Feder"

spring fits and work perfect, now I am looking for another magazin spring. dont know if this a problem with the .375 flanged ( because the magazine was made for the 6,5x53R) but the last two rounds hanging down with the nose.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com