Roy
(.300 member)
17/05/17 11:47 PM
New Find - Lovely No2..!

Hi Gents,

Very pleased the forum is now back up and running.

So to celebrate .... here is a photo of a lovely No2 Lee-Speed I just picked up yesterday.

Cheerio,

Roy

Sarg
(.400 member)
18/05/17 02:22 PM
Re: New Find - Lovely No2..!

Very nice, one of my favorites if it has shotgun safety !

Well done !

Roy
(.300 member)
18/05/17 02:44 PM

Thanks Sarg,

No safely on this example, shotgun or otherwise but lovely original condition, so no complaints from me.

Cheerio,

Roy

Viking338
(.333 member)
18/05/17 04:04 PM

Oh that is lovely! I lust after one of these but sadly they really are getting beyond my price range now in Australia. So I will just dream of owning one and hoping I come across one in a deceased estate auction and no one sees it and knows what it's really worth haha.

Bidgee
(.375 member)
20/05/17 04:19 AM

Gee that is lovely, Great pickup Roy!

Cheers

D.

leeenfield
(.275 member)
21/05/17 08:52 AM

This looks to be a very handsome rifle, Roy. Congratulations. Do you plan to show us some close-ups and tell us a little about it? I always look forward to your professional looking presentations. Does it bear a retailer's name?
Best regards.

Rule303
(.416 member)
21/05/17 09:11 AM

That is a great looking rifle. Love the Lee Speeds. Just about the ultimate stalking rifle.

Roy
(.300 member)
21/05/17 12:05 PM

Thanks Gents,

Really appreciate your comments. I don't really 'need' another No2 but this one was hard to let go. It doesn't have a retailers name on it but a careful inspection does show it to be all original, right down to the engraved ten round magazine. Aside from a normal wear it looks to be in very find condition indeed with a good bore.

I will plan to do a write up on it but I'm a little behind with my web project. Although I have thrown up a couple of photo on my web project and tried to add a link here but for some reason can't get it to work!

I suspect this is a nice early example as it has a lower serial number than a 1904 dated example I have, so probably turn of the century, give or take a year.

More to come!

Cheerio,

Roy

Roy
(.300 member)
23/05/17 05:31 AM

Hi Gents,

Just playing around with some photos and took the image attached - shared for your interest and enjoyment.

Cheerio,

Roy

Sarg
(.400 member)
23/05/17 06:52 AM

Thank you Roy, very nice & good of you, could you do me a favour & put a few Speeder front sights on, I need to make some soon ?

When you get time, if possible .

Roy
(.300 member)
23/05/17 07:35 AM

Hi Sarg,

Thanks for that mate.

Yes sure will Sarg. I will put it on my to-do list and sort you out some front-sight pics.

Cheers,

Roy

Viking338
(.333 member)
23/05/17 10:27 PM

Quote:

Hi Gents,

Just playing around with some photos and took the image attached - shared for your interest and enjoyment.

Cheerio,

Roy

That is so lovely, I am shedding a little tear of jealousy now

Contact Us NitroExpress.com