Roy
(.300 member)
25/04/17 03:15 AM
Lee-Speed Photo Project

Hi Gents,

I'm sure I did a thread on this some time ago but can't seem to find it.

Anyway as part of my website rebuild, I just re-formatted my Lee-Speed/Metford historic photograph project and also uploaded some new images.

If this sort of thing is of interest then please check out the link below:

http://wilkinsonfscollection.com/wilkins...hotographs.html

Cheerio,

Roy

Huvius
(.416 member)
25/04/17 10:33 AM
Re: Lee-Speed Photo Project

Nice site!
I am working on my own site - a little venture that is taking way too long...
When you get to commenting on special features, I can send pictures of the Harris patent charger to you. A very unusual but super cool variant.
There was a super nice Lee Speed that just sold at auction that I wish I had gone for.
Here:

http://poulinantiques.hibid.com/lot/3058...amp;ref=catalog

Roy
(.300 member)
25/04/17 10:45 AM

Hi Huvius,

Thanks for that. Yes I had a bid on that lovely No2 rifle by Watson Bros but when the price went beyond what I paid for my cased No1 Watson I decided to bow out.

Cheerio,

Roy

Claydog
(.375 member)
25/04/17 11:00 AM

Roy
First time I have seen that site. Awesome work. Will have a good look through it and really enjoyed those historic photos. Many thanks for the time you must have put into this.

Roy
(.300 member)
25/04/17 02:54 PM

Hi Claydog,

Many thanks for your kind words. It's just a little personal project to the my main website but one I enjoy and it's a great way to share my Lee-Speed passion. I haven't done too much for a while, just too many projects to get too. But as time allows I will certainly grow that area. Besides I have an interesting rifle to pick up this week, so will need to share some photos.

Cheerio,

Roy

AlanD
(.275 member)
25/04/17 06:14 PM

Roy, great site keep up the good work!

Huvius. What is the Harris patent charger exactly? Sounds very interesting!

Regards

Alan David
Sydney

Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
25/04/17 06:53 PM

Roy, really good website. When you say you have something interesting to pick up, what would that be exactly.

Waidmannsheil.

Bidgee
(.375 member)
25/04/17 08:53 PM

Oh Lordy Roy, that is a ripper of a website. Stirling effort old chap! Well done indeed!

I shall enjoy exploring it further later tonight.

You have put a tremendous amount of work into it. Well done and thanks for posting the link.

Cheers,

D.

Roy
(.300 member)
26/04/17 02:01 AM

Hi Chaps,

Thank you again for all of your kind words of support, truly very much appreciated.

As mentioned this is just a small sub-section of my website and a personal project but one I enjoy greatly and hope to expend as time goes on. As my modest collection grow and I am able to share more rifle and take time to write more etc. I'm certainly no expert but if my efforts such as they are can help to grow the understanding and interest in these superb rifles then that will be great. Besides it's a great way for me to look at photos of my own rifles, so not a badge thing.

In regards my imminent pick-up - I'm planning to head into my local FFL tomorrow and grab my latest edition of a military pattern Lee-Speed. A very respectable and clean original example. I'm rather excited as it's my first military/target pattern as all my other rifles or of the sporting pattern, so great to finally get something of this type.

Of course as soon as I can get some photos up I will drop you all a line.

Cheerio,

Roy

Marrakai
(.416 member)
26/04/17 08:37 AM

AlanD:
The Harris Patent magazine filler was usually referred to as Punchard's Magazine Filler, but no-one seems to know why!

Here is a thread showing the example in my gunsafe, and there are pics of Huvius's rifle posted about the same time (Jan/Feb 2009).

Hope this helps.

O&BTW, great to see web-pages devoted to these marvellous old rifles, thanks Roy! Love this stuff!

93x64mm
(.416 member)
26/04/17 05:15 PM

Quote:

Oh Lordy Roy, that is a ripper of a website. Stirling effort old chap! Well done indeed!

I shall enjoy exploring it further later tonight.

You have put a tremendous amount of work into it. Well done and thanks for posting the link.

Cheers,

D.

Not wrong there mate...eyes are a popping!
Lovely pieces of kit there!

Huvius
(.416 member)
27/04/17 12:02 AM

Roy
(.300 member)
27/04/17 05:26 AM

Hi Huvius,

That's a beauty and how can I get one....?

Cheerio,

Roy

Contact Us NitroExpress.com