NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
18/02/18 03:20 PM
A Hunting Season in Germany

An enjoyable, good and well made short 20 minue film on hunting during the different seasons in Germany. Worth watching. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duok2Dtfs5g

In the new Krieghoff movie we follow Henrik Lott through an entire hunting season in Germany!

"The habitat of wild animals is where we hunters also find our spiritual home - here we feel one with nature – this is where we belong.

I am Henrik Lott. Accompany me on a hunting season in Germany, where we show what hunting means to me and other hunters: It's about "being in the outdoors", it's about experiencing moments during the year that are reserved only for hunters, and it's about bringing home venison, the highest quality food that nature has to offer." "Hunting for me means „Accepting the challenge!“, „Bearing the responsibility!“. Hunting fills my life, it's fulfilling, and part of my nature.

We live in an industrial and agricultural dominated landscape with seasonally varying amounts of food and cover for our wildlife populations. But we have managed to establish some of Europe's most species-rich habitats, and at the same time high densities of healthy game populations that are largely in harmony with agriculture and forestry. Responsible and sustainable hunting is the reason. Our passion for game and our deep knowledge of the natural processes form the basis of responsible and respectful hunting practices. We feel traditionally committed to these.

Hunting is the most natural and sustainable form of land use, because it is an inseparable part of nature."

German language version / Deutsche Fassung: Es gibt bald eine deutsche Version, vorab (April/Mai) für die Abonnenten des deutschen Jagdmagazins Pirsch, später bei youtube.

More information about Krieghoff, our values and our traditional manufacturing. https://www.krieghoff.de In association with Leica sportoptik https://de.leica-camera.com/Sportoptik

Ripp
(.577 member)
19/02/18 03:43 AM
Re: A Hunting Season in Germany

Great Video, thank you for posting...

Really would like to hunt there one day as well.. my family moved to the US back in the late 1800" from southern Germany..was there for about a month years back..really enjoyed it..along with the beer

One of the best/most fun trips of my life...

Ripp

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
19/02/18 01:45 PM

Finished watching this professional well made little film. Only had time to watch the first half when posting the link. Watched the second half.

Really enjoyed it. The jager is a no nonsense guy. Often out with his little son, teaching him what it is about. No doubt the little boy will remember being out with Dad his whole life. Simple hunting of animals. No back slapping, no theatrics, the way it should be.

A variety of game taken, from memory, wild duck, roe deer and roebuck, a pigeon and ??? I have forgotten! Watched it last night and when first posted!

Uses the open sights of his Krieghof double rifle or combination/cape gun. Good shot too.

Love the forest scenery at the various times of the year. One thing I love doing when visiting Europe is just going for a walk in the forest, alone, and enjoying the solitude. Often it is so silent. Very few birds. And cool and moist. Here it is usually hot, dry and there is lots of birdlife in our forests and bush. The solitude of a European forest and quiet is un-nerving. Like something has disturbed the bird life and it has gone quiet. Perhaps because of a predator. Maybe a woodpecker or two only. But it is the normal natural quiet. Without all our parrots, lorakeets, etc etc that sing noisily in our forests and bush.

I like the way they manage their forests and wildlife. Instead of just shooting the first thing seen, and hunting of whatever being by choice, it is managed for the good of the wildlife and the table and walls. Of course that is also a chore at times. Good to have both systems perhaps. Sustainable management, but the easy goingness of our open slather, no rules is also appealing. As said in the video, large populations of humans living nearby to the forest and wildlife, the hunter and sustainable management is the thing that keeps the wildlife going. nothing else.

Enjoyable video. People should watch it and also post some of their ideas and comments.

PS Far far better than the stage managed "Miss Hunter Germany" videos I linked. Both in professional video making, and also probably more real actual hunting scenes in the Krieghof film. No bait laid, no dogs and guys driving deer into the shooting alley off scene.

Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
19/02/18 07:54 PM

Good video with lovely scenery. The chap hunting has also made several films for Mauser, again always open sights.

Waidmannsheil.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com