Gundog01
(.333 member)
20/11/17 02:22 AM
Whats the best place to buy German style hunting clothing?

Gentlemen,

I would like to purchase a few items of German style hunting clothing for use in the USA, I was curious to who you would recommend. Orvis carries a few items, but very limited selection, I would like to see what else is out there.

Thank you.

Ripp
(.577 member)
21/11/17 01:53 AM
Re: Whats the best place to buy German style hunting clothing?

Quote:

Gentlemen,

I would like to purchase a few items of German style hunting clothing for use in the USA, I was curious to who you would recommend. Orvis carries a few items, but very limited selection, I would like to see what else is out there.

Thank you.

Germany..

Ripp

Vladymere
(.300 member)
22/11/17 07:42 AM

Perhaps Eduard Kettner. They have a website, in German.

Vlad

Eck
(.275 member)
22/11/17 09:23 AM

Frankonia Jagd has a website that you can order from, of course you're shipping from Germany. They are like an upscale German Cabelas.

Rothhammer1
(.400 member)
23/11/17 08:02 PM

Quote:

Gentlemen,

I would like to purchase a few items of German style hunting clothing for use in the USA,
Thank you.

Would this do?

Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
23/11/17 09:23 PM

Nice. Very well dressed.

Waidmannsheil.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
23/11/17 09:33 PM

Quote:

Frankonia Jagd has a website that you can order from, of course you're shipping from Germany. They are like an upscale German Cabelas.

Yep Frankonia Jagd used to put out a very large printed catalogue. Which included all sorts of goodies. But also large sections for male and female clothing. From actual hunting clothes to "hunting culture" more formal or casual clothing.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
23/11/17 10:33 PM

https://www.frankonia.de/

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
24/11/17 06:52 PM

BTW we are now going to expect you to model your new clothes and provide pictures now.

Gundog01
(.333 member)
30/11/17 02:12 PM

Quote:

BTW we are now going to expect you to model your new clothes and provide pictures now.

Will do when I get around to it!

mckinney
(.400 member)
05/12/17 02:30 AM

If you're looking for German traditional stuff, try the Westley Richards UK site. They have some good stuff from Habsburg, Meindl, and Schneiders (Austrian). You could probably also order direct from Habsburg or Meindl. The advantage of WR is they're english speaking with very good customer service.

Bonde
(.333 member)
02/02/18 09:31 PM

Waidmannsheil!

I would go to www.jagdhund.com and have look at their range.

Very good quality and fit! Loden material is good in any weather, except the most windy conditions.

I use the Gamskogel jacket and Alpin 3 pants for driven hunts and deerstalking. From 15 C to -10 C ! Wool and camel-hair combination. Temperature regulation and won´t destroy it by a fire.
Will layer up with 3-4 thin layers of merino when weather dictates.

My best clothing ever!!

PS: For driven hunts, or highseats, a heated vest and heated insoles are great! Will allow to put on less and stay more mobile. Easier to shoot quick that way.

DarylS
(.700 member)
03/02/18 03:07 AM

The Damen Lodenhoz Fladnitz looked especially nice on that pretty gal in the video.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
03/02/18 04:44 PM

Quote:

The Damen Lodenhoz Fladnitz looked especially nice on that pretty gal in the video.

Seeing gundog hasn't posted HIS modeling videos yet, we are forced to watch pretty blonde frauleins instead.

Rolf
(.333 member)
20/02/19 10:53 PM

Hello Gundog01,

please find below a link to the manufacturer Loden Friedl in Bavaria:

https://www.loden-friedl.de/index.php?XTCsid=mmcmhfujtc76fstquvag1i1ql2

I bought a jacket in Loden for a reasonable price at a hunting fair from Mr. Friedl directly and use it for 4 years now.
The quality is good and the jacket is warm and comfortable.
I can recommend it.

The homepage is only in German language, but the products are presented also with photos and sometimes also with Fräuleins :-)

Their homepage states that shipment prices for deliveries outside of Germany should be asked for via mail at Friedl company.
So I assume the shipment to USA is possible.

best regards
Rolf

ducmarc
(.400 member)
06/08/19 11:25 AM

the prices arn't that bad really i wear german fleck camo now but may order me a mister douglas hat. lol

Kalunga
(.333 member)
20/08/19 02:50 PM

I bouhght a Loden jacket at Loden-Friedl just last week and it is really a very good hunting jacket:

https://www.loden-friedl.de/Lodenjacken-...5k64ofl788ges95

Better than I hoped to find. They will even put in a new zipper for free if the original zipper dies. Good service! I don`t find that in China..

Kalunga

Keep on hunting!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com