Tatume
(.400 member)
20/07/07 09:21 PM
Grip spacer

Hello Folks,
I am in need of a grip spacer for a standard wooden grip J-frame S&W. They were very popular years ago. With the proliferation of aftermarket grips, it seems that this part has dropped out of sight. Do you know where I might find one?

Take care, Tom

zimhunter
(.333 member)
22/07/07 08:06 AM
Re: Grip spacer

Go to www.t-grips.com and the Tyler t-grip grip adapter has their webpage and catalogue. I have been buying from them almost all my life and the ones I got a couple of months ago were the same quality as the ones I bought 30 years ago. Don't know who runs the business right now as Mr Tyler has passed on. They are a part time production so delivery may not be super quick but they are the best made. I have them on almost all my revolvers especially the round butt ones.

9.3x57
(.450 member)
25/07/07 10:05 AM

I believe the kids run the show now, part time as you say.

Tatume
(.400 member)
25/07/07 10:56 AM

I just got one yesterday, in flat black. Very reasonably priced and effective. I ordered it on Thursday and received it on Tuesday. It was $25 plus shipping, the least expensive model is $20. I couldn't be more pleased with them.

9.3x57
(.450 member)
25/07/07 02:38 PM

Here's one on my wife's Smith 640 along with some gunleather I made for the revolver. My wife used this thing to hold off a pack of dogs from eating a half dozen ewes in one of the paddocks by the house a couple years ago. We have nuisance stray stock-chasing dogs around here fairly commonly but none like these. Normally after I kill one or even shoot and miss those critters clear out but they wouldn't leave and one of my kids called the Sheriff who sent two Deputies out to the place. My wife never hit a dog but scattered them a bit until the coppers killed one and wounded another with their old M16's {National Guard A1 hand-me-downs}.

bigmaxx
(.375 member)
14/12/07 04:15 PM

tyler T is way to go... pachmayer is impossible to find. i like the hogue bantam J grip as well.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com