Ripp
(.577 member)
24/10/17 11:52 PM
First-look- Smith-Wesson-M&P Shield-2. 0-pistol

While I realize there are many on this site that can not purchase/own one of these due to the politics of where you live..but for those that can, this is a great little handgun..

I have carried the original version daily for the past 3 years plus..mine as a few enhancements such as custom sights and trigger, both of which are apparently offered now with this newer model..along with a lazer sight if you wish..

These are a great sub-compact pistol..have used mine in pistol defense classes..target practice..mock 3 gun drills, etc...have never had a misfire or failure of any kind..with over 2 million sold, think that number alone speaks for itself..

Ripp

https://www.americanrifleman.org/article...m_campaign=1017

DarylS
(.700 member)
25/10/17 06:56 AM
Re: First-look- Smith-Wesson-M&P Shield-2. 0-pistol

It is an interesting little gun.

There are less than 300 firearms owners (grandfathered grandfathers (like me) in most cases) in Canada who can purchase any handgun with bl. shorter than about 4 1/4".

Autos are measured from the breech block, whereas wheel guns are measured from the front of the cylinder. Bastards!

Ripp
(.577 member)
25/10/17 03:37 PM

Quote:

There are less than 300 firearms owners (grandfathered grandfathers (like me) in most cases) in Canada who can purchase any handgun with bl. shorter than about 4 1/4".

Autos are measured from the breech block, whereas wheel guns are measured from the front of the cylinder. Bastards! [/quote)..

BASTARDS is a very accurate term...

At times this can be a really f*cked up world..

Unfortunate countries have made "THEIR" citizens helpless in many situations with meaningless laws that do nothing but help the criminals...

Ripp

dracb
(.300 member)
26/10/17 01:46 AM

Quote:

Autos are measured from the breech block, whereas wheel guns are measured from the front of the cylinder. Bastards!

I did not realize that there were so few of us.

DarylS
(.700 member)
26/10/17 03:43 AM

I am assuming that info came from the NFA to my bro, maybe from the BC CFO, Terry Hamilton? Attrition is doing it's job, as intended.
There are 6 or more right here in PG. not including the 2 friends of mine who passed away this year and 5 years ago, were also 12/6 holders.

Ripp
(.577 member)
26/10/17 12:28 PM

Quote:

I am assuming that info came from the NFA to my bro, maybe from the BC CFO, Terry Hamilton? Attrition is doing it's job, as intended.
There are 6 or more right here in PG. not including the 2 friends of mine who passed away this year and 5 years ago, were also 12/6 holders.

Little by little....

(.275 member)
27/10/17 12:22 PM

Have never loved the M&Ps, always felt like a spring unloading in my hand.

I do want another pocket gun though, may need to try the 2.0 out.

Ripp
(.577 member)
01/11/17 01:32 AM

Quote:

Have never loved the M&Ps, always felt like a spring unloading in my hand.

I do want another pocket gun though, may need to try the 2.0 out.

Article in the latest issue of G&A HANDGUN magazine proclaiming the 2.0 might be the best current polymer handgun available..whether that is true of not is up to each individual ..have to say with all the latest models available, life has never been better as to handgun options..IMHO...personally have the latest Gen 5 Glock and the H&K VP9..both of which I find are very easy to shoot with improved triggers and ergonomics over other models I have tried...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com