mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
14/08/08 09:23 AM
Lovely custom SAAs courtesy Bigmaxx

My apologies to Bogmaxx for posting this link a long time after he sent it to me: http://www.nutmegsports.com/home_fr.htm

The gunsmith is his friend and I hope he would post here and tell us more about these really beautiful revolvers.

Good hunting!

bigmaxx
(.375 member)
14/08/08 09:45 AM
Re: Lovely custom SAAs courtesy Bigmaxx

No apology owed. I'm glad you enjoyed them. He puts out some awesome guns. I used to collect SAAs. Have since divested my collection and booked a trip to Zimbabwe for buffalo! The excitement is limited with revolvers that have never been fired, turned, or in some cases handled. I think black death at close range might be a tad more exciting.

nhdblfan
(.300 member)
25/08/08 04:53 AM

I have a few in the safe, mostly non exciting NIB's that you can't play with but this one is a shooter.It a 44-40 and the Ivory grips are by "Willie B" who did papa Bush's 45"s.

bigmaxx
(.375 member)
25/08/08 05:11 PM

Thats nice. I had a couple that the ivory was yellowing and the growth rings were pronounced. I like them when they take on charcter. My shooters all had stag. Jim Alaimo at Nutmeg does the finest ivory grips I have ever seen. I like the silver plated guns too. Almost pewterlike look. I sold my second generation factory engraved guns way too cheap. Stagecoach box unturned guns too. Wish I had em back now. I would sell 'em and get more for 'em..LOL.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com