NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
19/09/22 06:41 PM
"I spent too much time with my dog"

You'll never look back and say "I spent too much time with my dog"

I'm a constant nurse to my old almost 105 year old (almost 15) buddy. Incontinent, needs to go out many times a day. A walk in the park is now 4 minutes not 40 minutes. But wants several a day .... Sometimes needs help getting up.

Almost his end last week. Left alone for a whole day, 12 or more hours, he had an anxiety attack and collapsed. Lay at the back door on a cement floor in his muck for hours. Could not get up himself for two days and had trouble walking at all a day and a half. Came close to a last vet visit .... But back to spriteliiness, walking around, being a pest ...

Enjoys eating a lot still. And very jealous of the "little" almost 2 year old fellow. Both GSPs.

I've spent more direct time with this fellow than any other living thing. Lovely old fellow.

93x64mm
(.416 member)
19/09/22 09:35 PM
Re: "I spent too much time with my dog"

We just got ourselves another red heeler. now 8 weeks old, sharp needle like teeth that draws blood every time the little bugger sees you! She only gets a smack for doing so when she bites too hard or gets a bit rough on the granddaughters. The eldest Ella has learnt to say a forceful "No" & smacks her only if she jumps up, the pup only did it once or twice; catches on real fast!
Only trouble now little 'Sophie' is she's under your feet a lot when your trying to get a bit of work done, that cold little nose & wagging tail make you stop for a while & you just can't help but give the little tyke a bit of time & a good old pat.
Needless to say you don't get much done!
Even our old 'pup', she's 10 & arthritic, was a bit standoffish at first, but she now plays with the young one after she's had a snooze, given her a new lease on life!
Can't see us ever not having a red, faithful & always protective of the family.
Got asked by a security guy trying to peddled his wares on us years back, would we consider looking over what he had to sell. I just told him if he could make it into the yard then he could, the old dog had him well & truly bluffed; guess he finally got my drift after all, never did try to come in the gate!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com