DoubleD
(.400 member)
11/10/22 09:23 AM
Double rifle torture test

Oh I can not wait to hear you guys scream!!!

https://youtu.be/-E1CJw8snZU

tinker
(.416 member)
11/10/22 09:48 AM
Re: Double rifle torture test

It's a completely replaceable production gun

And it's his gun

Carry on...

DarylS
(.700 member)
11/10/22 10:51 AM

Just firing that gun from a lead sled is torture enough, imho.

3DogMike
(.400 member)
11/10/22 11:14 AM

Bubba does as Bubba does……

To watch ‘roid enhanced muscleman snap (slam) the action shut then dry fire without snap caps said everything I needed to know.

Total redneck toolbag.

“Gol-oooly Sgt Carter….”

- Mike

ADDED:
IMO it is unfortunate videos like this one that give people here and around the world the perception that all American Hunters/Shooters are a bunch of ignorant yahoos.

bwanabobftw
(.375 member)
11/10/22 11:39 AM

Quote:

To watch ‘roid enhanced muscleman snap (slam) the action shut then dry fire without snap caps said everything I needed to know.

Total redneck toolbag.

“Gol-oooly Sgt Carter….”

- Mike

ADDED:
IMO it is unfortunate videos like this one that give people here and around the world the perception that all American Hunters/Shooters are a bunch of ignorant yahoos.

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert

crshelton
(.333 member)
11/10/22 11:51 AM

At least I did not have to pay to see that it was a waste of time.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/10/22 07:03 PM

Quote:

it is unfortunate videos like this one that give people here and around the world the perception that all American Hunters/Shooters are a bunch of ignorant yahoos.

All I can say is Creedmoor owner ...

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/10/22 07:07 PM

Why doesn't he try the most likely scenario, a muzzle accidently pushed into the mud, a mud plug, or leant against a tree, and some bark falls into a barrel.

All this goise does is make the outside wet or dirty.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/10/22 07:10 PM

Btw the rifle moves backwards by itself under recoil in the slow motion video. Then shows the recoil effect on the body.

Never seen a rifle moving backwards by itself like that before? Don't recollect it anyway. Maybe haven't seen it in slow motion?

Is the goose not holding the rifle firmly against his shoulder? Or is this normal if viewing slow motion?

The goose doesn't flinch though.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/10/22 08:26 PM

Forgetting about the bullshit, the Rizzini Double Rifle looks very nice for US$10,000.

Anyone use or test one in a serious shooting test?

mauserand9mm
(.400 member)
11/10/22 08:58 PM

That's the dude that almost bought the farm last year when his 50BMG rifle disintegrated on him when he was using some questionable ammunition. The video is on his channel.

Forgotten Weapons has a series of similar tests done on military and ex-military firearms - I can't remember if the AK or AR was better.

93x64mm
(.416 member)
11/10/22 11:05 PM

Quote:

Just firing that gun from a lead sled is torture enough, imho.

It really made the barrels flex on firing, as against him firing it against his shoulder.
Absolute stupidity doing those tests, especially running over the barrels with his truck!

DoubleD
(.400 member)
11/10/22 11:08 PM

What jumped out at me was the slow motion seeing how much that stock flexes in free recoil. I have never noticed that before in any other gun.

bwanabobftw
(.375 member)
11/10/22 11:50 PM

Quote:

That's the dude that almost bought the farm last year when his 50BMG rifle disintegrated on him when he was using some questionable ammunition. The video is on his channel.

Forgotten Weapons has a series of similar tests done on military and ex-military firearms - I can't remember if the AK or AR was better.

Amen !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy is an idiot, please don’t judge all Americans by this guy. Watch Ian over at “Forgotten Weapons” .
Robert

rigbymauser
(.400 member)
12/10/22 12:45 AM

Quote:

What jumped out at me was the slow motion seeing how much that stock flexes in free recoil. I have never noticed that before in any other gun.

Neither have I. It just tell have strong a fairly heavy calibered doublerifle must be constructed around the pistolgrip. It doesn`t help much either to place such a gun in a craddle, normally a no-no.

Ripp
(.577 member)
12/10/22 01:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Total redneck toolbag.

“Gol-oooly Sgt Carter….”

- Mike

ADDED:

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert

Agree 100%...

Only other thing that would rise to this level of incompetence is mentioning a total unrelated caliber as a justification for his actions...

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
12/10/22 02:32 AM

Quote:

Only other thing that would rise to this level of incompetence is mentioning a total unrelated caliber as a justification for his actions...

He does have a Creedmoor. I checked.

3DogMike
(.400 member)
12/10/22 04:09 AM

With reference to the visual impression of barrel flex and stock flex at pistol grip.
This may be somewhat of an illusion due to the way motion pictures/videos are filmed. There are videos/still photos of helicopter blades and aircraft propellers that when done in slow motion or still photography give the appearance of being curved. The effect is due to the different speeds along the length of the blades and how many frames per second the camera system is doing.
Maybe the same effect with this rifle?

It is interesting how a rifle/gun initially punches straight back and then begins recoil in the upwards arc. Quite noticeable in the video of me shooting my Lewis 8 bore if the video is slowed or done frame by frame.

ASIDE:
When do we get to see a video of Bubba "torture testing" a Buffalo my gripping its ball sack?
- Mike

degoins
(.333 member)
12/10/22 04:58 AM

That guy does not belong near any nice guns, let alone nice doubles. Jeeze!!!

DarylS
(.700 member)
12/10/22 12:31 PM

Quote:

It is interesting how a rifle/gun initially punches straight back and then begins recoil in the upwards arc. Quite noticeable in the video of me shooting my Lewis 8 bore if the video is slowed or done frame by frame.
- Mike

This is similar in a way, to my 14 bore rifle. With the heavy hunting load, the recoil drives the shoulder back and down, pulling the comb away from the cheek. No cheek slap at all.

mauserand9mm
(.400 member)
12/10/22 06:54 PM

Quote:

With reference to the visual impression of barrel flex and stock flex at pistol grip.
This may be somewhat of an illusion due to the way motion pictures/videos are filmed. There are videos/still photos of helicopter blades and aircraft propellers that when done in slow motion or still photography give the appearance of being curved. The effect is due to the different speeds along the length of the blades and how many frames per second the camera system is doing.
Maybe the same effect with this rifle?

ASIDE:
When do we get to see a video of Bubba "torture testing" a Buffalo my gripping its ball sack?
- Mike

The effect you mention is called "rolling shutter" and is due to the sequential capture of the individual pixels of a digital camera - the object can move before the entire frame is captured. A high speed camera will get around this issue to some extent, but becomes an issue again at super high speeds.

HeymSR20
(.300 member)
17/10/22 07:45 PM

A double gun stocked with good strong straight grained wood is really pretty resilient. The action does lock up tight so keeping all the crap out of it. Finish will wear of course, but that can be redone. Plenty of double guns have been carried for many thousands of days in the field over a century or more of use. And a boxlock is tougher than a sidelock. And with a Rizzini, I think they use a long stock bolt which reinforces the hand of the stock.

In the hands of a hunter especially a PH, a double will be carried lots and inevitably get wet, muddy, covered in dust etc. Most understand about plugging barrels and will do everything they can to avoid such actions. And a new mint finished gun just looks wrong. They need to be used, but not abused. Worn checkering and bluing just tell of many many adve

And any British or European gun will have been proof tested to much higher pressures than used in the field.

mchughcb
(.333 member)
03/12/22 10:10 AM

Lol, I do that every week hunting. Dropping the action open into a cow Pat is tge worst. Got to be washed out in a trough then stripped down and reoiled.

3DogMike
(.400 member)
03/12/22 01:17 PM

Quote:

Lol, I do that every week hunting. Dropping the action open into a cow Pat is tge worst. Got to be washed out in a trough then stripped down and reoiled.

Oh my, bet that made your day.
May I take a guess at your expletive when it hit the cow pie? ……. Aw SHIT (literally)…
- Mike

mchughcb
(.333 member)
03/12/22 06:51 PM

Unfortunately I had lent my rather expensive drilling to a mate who wanted to come hunting and somehow the sling came off. He felt that guilty and I said nah, she'll be right. But I can tell you it too ages not only to get the shit out of the action but also the fine grain mud. I dosed it in WD 40 for days.

mchughcb
(.333 member)
03/12/22 08:56 PM

This is now I drop my bockdrilling over a fence. I'm a little bit more blaise this days but no need to bash a perfectly good rifle, if you hunt long enough it will happen.

https://youtu.be/Xr1UMU1ci1Q

Contact Us NitroExpress.com