Gundog01
(.333 member)
04/08/18 10:15 PM
Bonehill double rifle with invisible rifling.

Gentlemen,

I found a seller with a Bonehill 12bore with invisible rifling, we are in talks about the specifics and I am interested as you can only hunt with straight walled cartridges in my state. This will be my first double rifle, as I am a sucker for English magazine rifles, so I was hoping to find out everything I need to know about invisible rifling, loading for them and everything else so I could get it up and running for the fall.

Thank you.

DoubleD
(.400 member)
04/08/18 10:25 PM
Re: Bonehill double rifle with invisible rifling.

Invisible rifle or Metford rifling,maybe.

crshelton
(.333 member)
04/08/18 11:41 PM

If you do not have to have a 12 ga, I know a lady with a 20 ga double rifle slug gun that is going to market soon.

Gundog01
(.333 member)
05/08/18 12:34 AM

Quote:

If you do not have to have a 12 ga, I know a lady with a 20 ga double rifle slug gun that is going to market soon.

Can you pm me the details?

crshelton
(.333 member)
05/08/18 02:59 AM

Sure.
I have requested pix and details and will PM to you upon their arrival.

tinker
(.416 member)
05/08/18 05:46 AM

If you get the chance, set up with a cleaning rod and a super tight oiled jag and patch or patches so that you can confirm that the barrels still have that invisible rifling feature - that they haven't been honed or bored out.

While you're doing that, get a timing mark the rod so that you can record the rate of twist.

That tightly fit oiled patched jag will also help you indicate whether or not there is a loose spot or slight bulge anywhere in those barrels.

crshelton
(.333 member)
05/08/18 12:08 PM

GUNDOG01
Some details and pixsent by PM.

More details tomorrow.

crshelton
(.333 member)
07/08/18 11:53 AM

Gundog01,

Today located 20 ga slug load tables and pressure terminology conversion relationships such Bar VS Psi.

Do you have any questions?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com