Glenn_Fewless
(.300 member)
28/03/11 04:32 PM
Double Rifle Raffle

Each year the American Custom Gunmakers Guild raffles off a rifle built by a team of its members as a fund raiser for the organization. Next up is #26, a very nice .470 Nitro double rifle done by Tony Fleming, Glenn Morovits and Larry Peters.

Information can be found in this press release
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/03/prweb5163964.htm

or at
http://www.acgg.org/

Have a look, it is really a nice rifle built by a very good team of gunmakers.

Respectfully,

Glenn Fewless

AkMike
(.416 member)
28/03/11 05:14 PM
Re: Double Rifle Raffle

tinker
(.416 member)
28/03/11 05:51 PM

I got to meet Mr Fleming at the Reno show. Great guy!
Nice rifle too. I need to grab a couple raffle tickers...

Cheers
Tinker

Glenn_Fewless
(.300 member)
29/03/11 08:21 AM

Mr. tinker:

Tony Fleming is a fine man and a heck of a hand with double rifles.

The tickets can be purchased directly from the ACGG web site. http://www.acgg.org/

Mr. AKMike:

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Glenn

AkMike
(.416 member)
29/03/11 11:02 AM

LOL, You're welcome Mr Fewless!

It was my first attempt to do it here. It worked!

Ron_Vella
(.333 member)
29/03/11 11:33 AM

Glen,
What a beauty of a rifle! Will we see you in Sanford?

Glenn_Fewless
(.300 member)
29/03/11 02:23 PM

Ron:

You should see the engraving on that rifle!. Mr. Peters' English scroll is of the very best, and my personal favorite.

As a matter of fact, you will see me at the Southern. There will be a whole passel of us Midwest types coming down. Messrs. Mann and Potter will be among them. I am most looking forward to some warm weather. I expect that being from the Great White North you are looking forward to it even more... <g>

Shucks, it is only a month away.

Best,

Glenn

JabaliHunter
(.400 member)
02/04/11 01:09 AM

Is it open to non-US residents?

Glenn_Fewless
(.300 member)
02/04/11 02:57 AM

JabaliHunter:

Yes, it is open to non-US residents, excepting perhaps the nations banned from receiving arms by the US State Department. One of the raffles was indeed won by a citizen of another country. While the Guild would be able to put the winner in contact with an exporter, the winner would be responsible for whatever would be required to get the rifle into his country.

Best,

Glenn

Ron_Vella
(.333 member)
02/04/11 07:25 AM

Glen,
Darned straight about looking forward to some warm weather. Wednesday we had bright sunshine and 45 degrees, best in a while. I had sent two Leupold scopes away to have Heavy Duplex reticules fitted instead of the original fine ones. The weather was so nice that I got out to the club to re-sight those two guns, one of which was the .303 British double that I completed a few years ago and which you handled last year at the Southern. The other was a 12-bore double rifle that I built about 20 years ago with iron sights only. I recently retro-fitted a quarter rib to it so that my aging eyes could take advantage of a scope. After a couple of sighters it twice put the left barrel right on top of the right at 50 yards. It's so nice when once in a great while a plan comes together!

JabaliHunter
(.400 member)
05/04/11 09:16 PM

Thanks Glen - definitely worth a punt for $20. Fingers crossed!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com