bigmaxx
(.375 member)
15/06/08 10:51 PM
Gunsmith for DR conversion

I would like to find a gunsmith to do a DR conversion in .45-70 govt. I have a siamese mauser custom in that caliber and really like it alot. Any assitance greatly appreciated.

Judson
(.300 member)
05/08/08 01:08 AM
Re: Gunsmith for DR conversion

Check out customguns.us I do not have the duble rifle pictures posted yet but they will be up soon. Way back I did a post on building doubles but I thint the pictures are now gone.

Charles
(.275 member)
05/08/08 06:45 AM

Dick Stallcup, 432-332-9883. He has done work for me for years and is finishing up a 45-90 double for me.

mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
05/08/08 11:31 AM

Bigmaxx,

I just noticed that Jim White of J White Gunsmithing has registered on these forums. You could send him a PM or e-mail him at his website. No personal experience but he has some nice videos of his double rifle conversions on Youtube.

Cheers!

JWhiteGunsmith
(.224 member)
05/08/08 12:49 PM

Mehul:
Thank you for the encouraging words. Especially for noting the team work that I am blessed with. My wife and family are a terrific help, with out her I would not have the website or the videos that we have had so much fun with this year. I am trying not to be consumed with all the posts on this forum, it is very interesting to see so many people having so much fun. I would be more than happy to assist if anyone had questions.
Although like doctors practice medicine, it seems like double rifles are always a learning experience. And just before completion most always you are ready to make this one your last but then when it all comes together it is incredibly satisfying to see a rifle perform as well as it looks.
I am not sure what my next project will be with regard to a double rifle, I have had several inquiries, many of which for a 50/90 chambering but over the next few months I have several bolt action rifles to complete and a few Ruger Black Hawk jobs. So, my next double project will probably be about 6 or 8 months out.
Thanks for your work on this forum and for signing the guest book on my website.
Jim White

CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
06/08/08 11:31 AM

Jim,

Let me extend a warm welcome to you. We hope you will join in the discussions, lending your knowledge to the good of our community.

Curl

bigmaxx
(.375 member)
06/08/08 11:57 AM

Thanks to all for the input. I will be turning my attention to aquiring a double rifle upon my return from Zimbabwe. Finances will not allow the safari and the double rifle both at this time. I admitt it would be nice to be taking my buffalo with a .470 nitro express, but at least I'm going. I feel truly blessed!

tarawa
(.333 member)
06/08/08 11:36 PM

Jim
Thanks for all the great YouTube videos.
Much appreciated.

tinker
(.416 member)
07/08/08 01:44 AM

Welcome to the site Jim!

Have fun here, there's a lot to see and a great community of folk.
As you tour through the archives of conversation you'll see quite a few different examples of shotgun to rifle action conversion, some of them discussed to fairly great detail.

I look forward to seeing what you have to share with us here!

--Tinker

Contact Us NitroExpress.com