Vette447
(.275 member)
08/04/20 04:15 AM
WTS: J Rigby & Co 416 and 275 Magazine Rifles

Have a few hand selected (CA) Rigbys with lots of upgrades for sale:

First is a John Rigby & Co 416 Rigby rifle on a Double Square Bridge Magnum Mauser Action. It has a 24” tapered, stepped, round Lother Walther barrel with proper sleeved-on front sight base, gold bead front sight, flip-up porcelain night bead, detended front sight hood, sleeved-on rear sight base and quarter rib with 1 standing and 2 folding golf lined express sights, engraved for 100, 150, and 200 yards. Exhibition grade black streaked European walnut stock with ebony forened tip, double recoil cross bolts, steel trapdoor pistol grip cap, classic point-pattern checkering (wrapping around the forend) with mullered borders, classic comb, beaded pancake cheekpiece, inletted rear swivel stud and dark brown leather covered recoil pad. German made, Reimer Johannsen double-squarebridge magnum Mauser action with jeweled bolt, deep scroll carved bolt knob on straight-down bolt handle, Recknagel trigger, Model 70-type safety with FIRE inlaid in gold, solid bottom metal with hinged straddle floorplate, drop-box magazine for five cartridges and release inside triggerguard. Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5x matte-finish scope with fine duplex reticle on Recknagel ERA quick-detachable swing mounts integrated with receiver squarebridges. Receiver ring, side wall, floorplate, front sight base, front swivel base, grip cap and floorplate scroll engraved by Byron Burgess and with maned lion on coin-finished floorplate. Receiver ring gold inlaid .416 Rigby on left, and serial number on right. Rigby logo in gold on grip cap. Maker's name in gold on quarter rib.
LOP is 15" to the end of the leather covered pad and weight is 10.75lbs without scope; 11.4 lbs scoped. German nitro proofs for 1999 on left rear of barrel and on front receiver ring. Excellent condition showing little use. Shoots and handles very well.

Price is $17,500 plus actual shipping to your FFL. I can accept cashier’s checks for payment.
Please email me with any questions. Thanks!

Next is a John Rigby & Co .275 Rigby on a Mauser Action with thumb cut on left side. It has a 24” round Lother Walther barrel with banded hooded front sight base, gold bead front sight, rear sight base with 1 standing and 3 folding express sights, engraved for 100, 200, 300, and 400 yards. Exhibition grade highly figured European walnut stock, steel trapdoor pistol grip cap, classic point-pattern checkering (wrapping around the forend), classic comb, beaded cheekpiece, and black recoil pad. Mauser action with jeweled bolt, deep rosette carved bolt knob on straight-down bolt handle, Model 70-type safety with “F” (for Fire) inlaid in gold, solid bottom metal with hinged straddle floorplate highly engraved with release inside triggerguard. Scope mount bases for Talley detachable rings on the receiver. Receiver ring, side wall and top rail, grip cap and floorplate heavily scroll engraved. Receiver left side gold inlaid “Rigby”, and “.275 Rigby” on barrel left side. Rigby logo in gold on grip cap.
LOP is 14-3/8" to the end of the recoil pad and weight is 8.8 lbs. Overall VG+ to excellent condition showing some use and light handling marks. Shoots and handles very well. I personally took it on a leopard and plains game hunt and it performed very nicely and was well cared for.

Price is $8,500 plus actual shipping to your FFL. I can accept cashier’s checks for payment.
Please email me with any questions. Thanks!

Vette447
(.275 member)
19/04/20 02:07 PM
Re: WTS: J Rigby & Co 416 and 275 Magazine Rifles

Would consider reasonable offers. Thank you for looking.

93x64mm
(.416 member)
20/04/20 09:04 AM

You certainly have good tastes there Vette!
I hope they go to a good home whose owner threats them as nicely as you have - would be a shame to split them up!

DarylS
(.700 member)
20/04/20 11:47 AM

WOW - absolutely marvelous.

Vette447
(.275 member)
08/05/20 04:26 AM

Price reduction.
New Prices: $7,850 plus ship for the 275 and $16,500 plus ship on the 416.
Thanks!

Vette447
(.275 member)
30/06/20 11:24 PM

The 275 is SPF.

Price drop on the 416 to $16,000 plus shipping. Thanks!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com