xausa
(.400 member)
04/07/18 04:32 AM
WTB Williams offset rings

I recently purchased at auction a 1908 M/S carbine. It is fitted with a Williams side mount, not my favorite, and to make matters worse, with normal rings, so that the scope is considerably off center. In looking for a set of offset rings, I discovered that they have evidently been discontinued.

An appeal directly to the Williams company has brought no response. If someone should happen to have a spare 1" set, I would be most grateful and willing to pay any reasonable price for them.

Carpetsahib
(.333 member)
04/07/18 07:04 AM
Re: WTB Williams offset rings

I will see if I have some. If so, I will contact you directly. They will be expensive! LOL!

bouldersmith
(.375 member)
04/07/18 10:29 PM

I may have some as well. I have a five gallon pail full of out of date, not very desirable rings and bases.

xausa
(.400 member)
05/07/18 07:48 PM

Bouldersmith's kind offer came to naught when a search of the "five gallon pail" turned up nothing. I'm still looking.

Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
05/07/18 10:24 PM

Xausa, there seems to be a set on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mannlicher-S...XAAAOSwMxdas3aa

Waidmannsheil.

xausa
(.400 member)
06/07/18 12:41 AM

Waidmannsdank, Waidmannsheil!

That looks like a winner. Price seems pretty steep, but who am I to complain?

Just for the record, here is the reply I got in answer tp my inquiry from the Williams Gun Sight Company: "Unfortunately, we no longer manufacture those parts and do not have any leftover stock. Your best bet is finding some used ones on e-bay."

Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
06/07/18 04:24 AM

Glad to help, hope they work for you. Make sure you post some photos when its finished, I also have a Model 1908 that needs some work.

Waidmannsheil.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com