VonGruff
(.400 member)
12/11/17 11:47 AM
A few more ready to ship off

Have this lot ready go to off to new homes except for the cleaver that is mine

On top by the cleaver is a pair of knives exclusive to and logo'd on the sheath for the African Hunting forum
Under that is two sets of Hunter/butcher and boner knife sets and on the right is a pig sticker.

The cleaver is an old monster that I have had for some years but never really used as it is cumbersome in both wieght and design with a distinctivly unusabe handle shape and size.
Whe I cut it down I lost over a lb in weight and with the new handle length and shape it is now a usable tool that will get used

DarylS
(.700 member)
12/11/17 12:29 PM
Re: A few more ready to ship off

VonGruf - the rocker in the chopper blade and slimmer, lightened design might make that puppy a favourite when processing game meat, or even veggie chopping!
Perhaps you should make a few for sale?

VonGruff
(.400 member)
12/11/17 01:02 PM

I have often looked at the Japanese kitchen slicer/cleavers and thought they must be a very good item so may well do that but from something like 4mm steel rather that the 7mm as this one was (before I thinned and lightened it) which is more suited to a meat/bone application..

DarylS
(.700 member)
13/11/17 05:07 AM

7 is pretty heavy - 3 might be better yet for a GPurpose cleaver.

VonGruff
(.400 member)
03/12/17 04:01 PM

A little more leatherwork this morning

To get them ready for these knives that just need thier final sharpening before shipping. I tried a couple of different backgrounds for the pics this time. All bades are either 1075 or 1084

A longer safari knife with brass and buff horn and the field scalpel in buff horn comb in a piggyback sheath

A safari knife with walnut and brass. The walnut was from the buyers rifle stock blank to be a companion piece for a new rifle.

A new design that is a longer and wider boning knife as a EDC in consultation with NZ client so has rimu scales

The standard bing knife with blackwood scales

An left hand AH (Africa Hunting forum) EDC but without the sheath logo by request

And the last one is an AH big game hunter with blackwood and buff horn.

Dogfish858
(.300 member)
07/12/17 05:32 AM

I like the rimu scaled knife. It has the Russian/pigsticker look.

VonGruff
(.400 member)
07/12/17 05:17 PM

This is another rimu handled GP knife away today with another in the book with brass bolsters and buff horn scales.

93x64mm
(.416 member)
08/12/17 06:57 AM

Lovey work VG!
That buffalo horn certainly does up very nicely, the last example is lovely piece of kit in my eyes!
Well done - hope you get a lot more orders
Cheers
93x64mm

VonGruff
(.400 member)
08/12/17 10:55 AM

No orders from here but I am doing a giveaway on the forum where all my orders are coming from as a little thank you for the support they have given me.
If any of you are registered there join on in https://www.africahunting.com/threads/af...-drawing.41237/

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
08/12/17 06:35 PM

Quote:

No orders from here but I am doing a giveaway on the forum where all my orders are coming from as a little thank you for the support they have given me.
If any of you are registered there join on in https://www.africahunting.com/threads/af...-drawing.41237/

You're pushing it promoting a giveaway on another forum ... and not on here ....

VonGruff
(.400 member)
09/12/17 04:09 AM

Delete the post John

Contact Us NitroExpress.com