ducmarc
(.400 member)
25/11/19 01:24 PM
gregory shotgun

anyone heard of a gregory shotgun? i one one on gunbroker.for a hundred bucks as a doner for my howdah.it's a side lever 12 gage damascus hammer gun.they say its english but who knows maybe pre 98 but theres almost no info on line just another example for sale .any thoughts?

lancaster
(.470 member)
25/11/19 05:59 PM
Re: gregory shotgun

google dont find so much, seems to be an 18 century gunmaker
https://www.garthvincent.com/a-scarce-early-flintlock-pocket-pistol-by-gregory-of-london/
and
ttps://www.garthvincent.com/an-early-brass-barrelled-flintlock-blunderbuss-by-gregory%2C-early-18th-century.-2152/

maybe only a name leftover and put on cheaper trade guns than?

Sarg
(.400 member)
25/11/19 06:21 PM

I have bought a few underlever Shotguns with the view to build a Howdah, but the trouble is they are back action locks (which is what I like the look of) with straight stocks/locks all, need a dolphin or proper pistol lock to build a pistol grip !

Even bought a cool under lever cape gun to cut up which has a pistol grip, looks like a high end Double Rifle but it is too good to chop up !

I did miss out on a Holland .577 2in Howdah which sold for, hold on to your hat ... $350 NZ dollars

I did get to see it later & it was very rough but I figure that was a very good price to say the least !!

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
25/11/19 09:26 PM

Quote:

I did miss out on a Holland .577 2in Howdah which sold for, hold on to your hat ... $350 NZ dollars

I did get to see it later & it was very rough but I figure that was a very good price to say the least !!

I think a cased .577 was turned in at an auction for about $4000 a few years ago. I was more than interested. Couldn't get to look at it. I think it since went over to the USA.

I think we need a thread. "How to make a Howdah handgun." With suggestions, ideas, what people have done.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com