(.224 member)
02/04/08 06:44 PM
new remington mausers

are they a good rifle for dg in 375HH

Plains99
(.300 member)
03/04/08 06:45 AM
Re: new remington mausers

I think they would be OK. They are roughly equal to CZ's and probably need a bit of tuning. I looked at them at the Shot Show and thought they were finished well for production rifles.

9.3x57
(.450 member)
03/04/08 08:19 AM

Quote:

I think they would be OK. They are roughly equal to CZ's and probably need a bit of tuning. I looked at them at the Shot Show and thought they were finished well for production rifles.

Plains, I believe you remember the old Zastavas when they were imported in the '80's. How do you rate the new ones compared to them? I always thought they weren't a bad gun though as I recall the .375 and .458 versions had a reputation for stock-cracking.

Judson
(.300 member)
10/04/08 08:30 AM

I ave not yet seen a Remington Mauser hat could be called anything other then very rough!!!
I do not think they are close to the old Interarms offerings and they needed work to be cleaned up. IMHO buy a CZ for the money a far better rifle!

Slimbo
(.224 member)
11/04/08 05:15 AM

And you get a decent stock on the CZ too, not that remmy piece of poo.

500Nitro
(.450 member)
11/04/08 05:22 AM

If Remington got hold of something, I reckon you cn guarantee
that it would be cheapened.

All they seem to be doing ATM is producing Cheap, cheap, cheap and no decent quality like they used to.

dnovo
(.333 member)
11/04/08 06:31 AM

The only thing I have been happy with from "Big Green" made in the last twenty years is some of the products of their Custom Shop. Some of their 40X were and still are nicely executed for the price. Of course, when the Custom Shop did a retro-style Rolling Block, it turned out to be an abortion and a poorl-executed one at that. Dave

hoppdoc
(.400 member)
11/04/08 08:56 AM

Same old story for Remington.

Thay take a product and take ever measure to make it cheap and affordable and then mass produce it.All this for $$$ and profits.On the other hand their custom shop rifle seem much better.

I don't have much use for regular Remington rifles,only the custom ones seem interesting---

500Nitro
(.450 member)
11/04/08 09:02 AM

I think some of the VSSF and higher end guns are OK,
far better than the SPS which I think leaves a lot
to be desired.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com