https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF0Wj5MoUrY

Cape Buffalo Charge with J Alain Smith

What do you guys think?

Buff charge is towards the end.

Ripp
(.577 member)
27/02/17 01:26 AM
Re: Cape Buffalo Charge with J Alain Smith

That will certainly get the old ticker a clicking...

Ripp

DarylS
(.700 member)
27/02/17 10:49 AM

Got mine started, then Pop/Pop, over. I did note he was having some well deserved fumble time reloading. Who wouldn't?

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
27/02/17 11:04 PM

I wondered. The first lot of hunting was all within 400 yards of their camp. You could see the buildings behind.

As for the buffalo charge, while the reaction looked real, I wonder if the buffalo was not lying dead there the whole time. The first bullet and any charge was not in the camera. The second bullet hit and moved a buffalo lying already in the position it was later shown in death.

Was it all feigned to get an exciting "charge" claim video, or a real one where as is very possible, the camera man failed to get the actual charge on film in the heavy brush?

Certainly the guys if acting are very good and looked to have real reactions, so perhaps I am cynical.

DarylS
(.700 member)
28/02/17 04:47 AM

The second time I watched it, John - I had the same thoughts as I was not seeing a charging buff, just the one laying there. Oh well.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
28/02/17 05:30 AM

The video while long for the internet is joyable to watch.

Smith also has a sense of humour where he has false humourous ad breaks as spoofs.

As I said I might be being cynica. Maybe the buffalo was still alive when bumped into by the tracker. I know from experience when searching for a hopefully downed buffalo in very thick brush, that suddenly walking onto one can cause one to jump! And if it is still alive, jump twice the height. Even bumping into a previously unseen big black log or rock at one's feet, gives one a start.

crkennedy1
(.375 member)
28/02/17 03:12 PM

577 Nitro - that's one big cannon!

Rule303
(.416 member)
01/03/17 09:20 AM

Quote:

The second time I watched it, John - I had the same thoughts as I was not seeing a charging buff, just the one laying there. Oh well.

Same, then I wondered if this was done because the actual charge was not caught by the camera, a re enactment if you like.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com