NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
28/02/05 02:43 PM
Cape Buffalo Hunting DVD

Gentlemen

I have pulled the original thread and moved it to a non-public forum for now. After receiving an emailled offer to copy and distribute the DVD free of charge I decided it was prudent to confirm just what the legallity of the offer was. Unfortunately it was too good to be true. I received unfortunate news the actual copyright owner has never been consulted. I nor NE.com are willing to be party to that sort of activity on an organised basis and its probable legal ramifications.

HOWEVER I will see what I can do, and see if a DVD or more can be organised from the actual supplier and copyright owner. Perhaps other titles as well.

It is likely as a minimum I will give two or three away as prizes instead. I will want stories and photos in return though !

STAY TUNED.

PS I still have the original list and info. Will post info when it becomes available.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
28/02/05 05:29 PM
Re: Cape Buffalo Hunting DVD

Ordered the Cape Buffalo DVD and the Elephant Hunting DVD.

Will see how they go and see what can be done.

475Guy
(.400 member)
01/03/05 12:53 AM

Nitro

Well Hell, dude, I guess it was just not to be. Can you post the site so's I can order a copy? You did what you thought was right and that's half the battle.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
01/03/05 01:25 AM

We may still be able to do something. I have emailled and received a reply from the maker and will see how it progresses. Will check out the copyright on the DVD I ordered. It may permit a mail around still, but usually that sort of thing is restricted (ie libraries etc). One definitely will be given away in a comp, plus maybe the ele DVD as well.

www.huntersvideo.com

475Guy
(.400 member)
01/03/05 02:10 AM

Thanks for posting the site. Looks very interesting. I wonder how their stuff compares to all the other videos out there. Some of the tapes I've viewed in the past was very disappointing as there was way too much bullshit going on. Blah, Blah, Blah, etc. and not enough action. BTW, WTF is 34 Euros worth in American Dollars anyway?

Metswedi
(.300 member)
01/03/05 02:34 AM

That's a pity Nitro, thought it was too good to be true, but you are 100% correct, cannot afford to be in breach of anyone's copyright, could get expensive not to mention the damage to reputations etc.

Will sit and wait to see what happens and maybe look at a couple of titles from the original site. Thanks for what you tried to do for the members anyway.

TerryR
(.224 member)
01/03/05 06:00 AM

I came into this thread late so I'm not completely sure what you are referring to, but I noticed that the site that you refer us to is a British site. The videos are formatted for european televisions, they will NOT play on a US TV. Buyer Beware.

500grains
(.416 member)
01/03/05 04:07 PM

Although I am in the USA, I have a DVD player that will play both PAL and NTSC. It is just a matter of shopping around for the right player.

475Guy
(.400 member)
01/03/05 11:15 PM

Anybody out there know WTF 34 Euros is worth is American Dollars?

Marrakai
(.416 member)
01/03/05 11:28 PM

475Guy:
Save this site as a favourite:

Currency Converter

There's plenty more out there if you don't like the colour-scheme!

Save this site as a favourite, while you're at it:

Google

475Guy
(.400 member)
02/03/05 12:23 AM

Thanks alot. It was driving me nuts without knowing how to convert Euros as I've never seen a formula. This a better way, just plug it in. Idiot proof.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com