jro45
(.300 member)
04/01/06 01:23 AM
Scirocco Bullets

Has anyone got tight groups shooting these? I was thinking about getting some for a black bear hunt in 30 caliber.

Marrakai
(.416 member)
04/01/06 10:52 AM
Re: Scirocco Bullets

How far away are the black bear? Just going by articles in the US hunting press, I would have thought most black bears are shot close, and bullet-to-bullet group size would be irrelevant. Concentrate more on controlled expansion and reliable penetration.

If by chance you are sniping them at long range, then disregard my comments.

luv2safari
(.400 member)
04/01/06 11:25 AM

Like Sierra bullets, they are very accurate. Also like Sierra bullets, they are very soft and tend to fragment badly from the limited experience I've had with them. I don't care for them in higher velocity chamberings.

500Nitro
(.450 member)
04/01/06 06:25 PM

Scirocco Bullets are just a copy of others.

If not using Woodleigh, I can recommend
Swift A Frame but they are expensive.

500 Nitro

EricD
(.416 member)
05/01/06 05:04 AM

Scirocco bullets are bonded though, aren't they? I would presume that they held together better than "regular" non-bonded bullets.

I've never tried them, but have thought of doing so for roedeer one day.

JPeterson
(.275 member)
05/01/06 05:22 AM

Yes Scirocco bullets are bonded and they have introduced a new version called the Scirocco II which is supposed to be more accurate and a more even expansion.

jro45
(.300 member)
05/01/06 06:27 AM

I just read this form that said they were not accurate in different calibers. I have two boxes of them. So anyway I just wanted to hear from someone thats shot these to see how they grouped. I have not shot any of those yet.
I have some 200 gr Noslers loaded also but thought I would load a couple of these Scirocco bullets if they shot streight. That way no matter what I'd be ready.

MopaneMike
(.300 member)
05/01/06 04:05 PM

Shot a small boar (pig 100lbs + -) at about 75yds and it blew up so bad it didn't even exit. Obviosly too close for this bullet type. Oh-ya.. Used a .284 Winchester on him.. Killed him tho..

DarylS
(.700 member)
07/01/06 06:05 AM

Whether most any bullet shoots in your rifle is up to your rifle, and you.
: Many people can't get "X" bullets to shoot, but the .22 Hornet, .260Rem and 7mm BRNO rifles I have, shoot them into less than 1/2" for 5 shots. I'm happy.
: The sirrocco's I've seen written about, seem to be very soft with excessive expansion when driven hard, with average accuracy.
: Due to their excessive cost(up here), I think there are better, more accurate and lower priced bonded bullets available. ie: Nosler and Hornady both. The Federal fusion also seems to shoot well in most rifles but I think is available in factory ammo only.

bulldog563
(.400 member)
11/01/06 12:15 PM

Boddington used them in his leopard vid.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com