NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
17/10/22 01:52 AM
Article for w@nkers ...

https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/hunting/the-6-5-creedmoor-is-not-the-ultimate-super-cartridge/

Ha ha, sorry about the language but the author ... I'd skip no. 1 ...

DarylS
(.700 member)
17/10/22 03:25 AM
Re: Article for w@nkers ...

Totally disagree with Spomer's premise the 6.5 is inferior to the others, due to factory loading at 47,000psi.
In Europe, it's loaded to CIP specs, 55,000psi., which is totally usable in model Swedish 96 military actions.

crshelton
(.333 member)
17/10/22 07:36 AM

For my hunting in North America, my .308 is just fine and kills all I shoot.

If more power is needed, my .338, .405, or .45-90 can handle it.

All of the above are old and long proven in the US and Africa.

No new calibers or loadings needed for me.

tinker
(.416 member)
17/10/22 12:58 PM

My Krag is across the room sipping bourbon and smoking a cigar

tinker
(.416 member)
17/10/22 12:59 PM

Wait.

Does that make the Krag a snobbish caliber..?

3DogMike
(.400 member)
17/10/22 02:28 PM

Quote:

Wait.

The .30 Krag (and .303 British) are clearly instigators of snobbish comment.

Whatever you do, do NOT disparage the 6.5 Creedmore….such opinion is said to be associated with small mind, small genitals, and objection to "man buns" and gender confusion. So sayeth……..

- Mike

DarylS
(.700 member)
17/10/22 04:12 PM

LOL

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
17/10/22 06:31 PM

One can get everything in a Spooner article or video by reading performance stats. Never any actual shooting.

Usual lack of logic. Mentions the same weight in different calibres. If course the BC will be better in a smaller calibre.

Interesting he does not actually show the performance cars if the 6.5x55 because it out performs the over hyped cartridge. Lists some artificial criteria to knock it off.

Knock off no.1 and the rest is a decent list.

Huvius
(.416 member)
18/10/22 03:13 AM

Quote:

Wait.

If you called it a .30 Purdey!

DORLEAC
(.333 member)
18/10/22 05:37 AM

I have always considered that the caliber was the least important part as long as we remain reasonable.
Whatever people say, the 6.5 Creedmoor is an excellent cartridge that gives all its potential with high B.C 140/143 grains bullets.
To use a 6.5 Swedish on several rifles and more particularly for my mountains hunts, a simple Barrett "Fieldcraft" with a 1/8" twist barrel (rifle naturally reviewed and modified in our workshop) chambered in this excellent caliber.
I noticed with amusement that NORMA loads with the fabulous 143 grain Bondstrike Extrem bullet gives exactly the same ballistics (V° measured and confirmed) as the bullet comes out from the barrel of the 6.5 Swedish rifle or from my personal short actionned 6.5 Creedmoor handmade with the greatest care and using a match grade Lothar Walther 1/8" stainless barrel.
There is absolutely no difference in trajectory nor in accuracy!
This does not mean that one or the other is superior, they both remain in the standard of excellent medium calibers for mountain hunting.
I'm not concerned about these discussions, I have never made a difference in practical use between the .270W (the round with which I have killed the most chamois for more than fifty years), the 25-06 which I also used some time, the 6.5x55.SE or the Creedmoor.
The differences in the field remain negligible compared to human errors!

All the best.

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

DarylS
(.700 member)
18/10/22 06:14 AM

Tks for noting your incite & experience, Joel.
I have long felt the Creedmoor was a ctg./rifle design to make the fast twist Swede 6.5x55 M96's in a more modern version using an even shorter action which is just more sales hype.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
18/10/22 06:38 AM

Quote:

There is absolutely no difference in trajectory nor in accuracy!
This does not mean that one or the other is superior, they both remain in the standard of excellent medium calibers for mountain hunting.
I'm not concerned about these discussions, I have never made a difference in practical use between the .270W (the round with which I have killed the most chamois for more than fifty years), the 25-06 which I also used some time, the 6.5x55.SE or the Creedmoor.
The differences in the field remain negligible compared to human errors!

All the best.

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

Joel, good man, that's pretty much 100% the point.

Arguments between me and Ripp are just fun and games not serious. He doesn't have a man bun either.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com