EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
08/06/20 12:22 AM
Does anyone have a Rossler rifle

Now that Im retired Ive been working at a local gunshop, Hows that for away to spend my retirement account... The owner returned from a show last fall and keeps talking about a rifle he saw. Ive looked at their website and I like what I see. The Rossler's are "quick" change barrel guns up to 375 Ruger caliber, so no magnum length rounds; but I do like the ability to go from a light medium to a heavy medium. They offer quite a few options for cartridges and stocks. The actions can be had in black or silver and steel or aluminum. Ive spent or is it wasted a few hours "configuring" my perfect combination(s).

It may not stack up against a Blazer; but the price is closer to the "disposable" income level.

pluto7
(.224 member)
29/06/20 09:18 PM
Re: Does anyone have a Rossler rifle

A friend of mine has a Titan 6 in 30-'06 with a .243 spare barrel. The Rossler's are well made solidly built rifles. Not the best looking but they shoot very accurately and have good triggers. He has his scopes fixed on with Warne mounts and even after swapping barrels and scopes the rifle returns to zero.

If you are in the market for a good solid switch barrel rifle that will not break the bank get yourself a Rossler.

Viking338
(.333 member)
29/06/20 10:33 PM

Yes a mate of mine had one here too. I shot it many times, was very accurate. Didn’t sell it because it didn’t work just started collecting Mausers. Can’t fault him for that haha.

85lc
(.375 member)
29/06/20 10:35 PM

EDELWEISS,

That is a great retirement gig. That was my plan; however, my gunsmith friend retired before I did.

I had never heard of a Rossler so I "googled" the name. They are a small gun manufacturing firm in Austria. Their USA importer's website is https://www.trimports.com/products/roessler-rifles/

Looks like a nice gun system.

Rule303
(.416 member)
30/06/20 08:06 PM

I had one, a Titian 6, in 8x68. very accurate and the take down is great but a POS. The magazines are a two part construction and easily broken. The bolt head and extractor break easily if you have a tight round or difficult extraction. Very similar in design to a few other brands I have seen. Went through two bolts then sold it with a new bolt. Those calibres with a small head diameter then the 8x68 might not have this problem.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com