wkudu
(.275 member)
03/07/19 12:40 PM
Importing from Canada to US

How difficult is it to buy a gun online in canada and import it into the US?

How does the process work?

CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
03/07/19 08:57 PM
Re: Importing from Canada to US

I've never done it. I did have a shotgun imported from Australia about 15 years ago. I used a dealer in Maryland to do that.

You will need a licensed importer. I have friends who have used Simpson, Ltd. and were very pleased. For details, look at this link: https://simpsonltd.com/firearm-imports/

Steve Bertram also does imports, and I have heard good reports of his services. He's a member of this forum. His information is here: http://www.bertramandco.com/firearms-importation1.html

Hopefully this gets you on the path.

Curl

3DogMike
(.400 member)
04/07/19 12:22 AM

+1 for Steve Bertram.
He helped bring in a rifle from Australia for me, the whole thing went quite smoothly. I know he has worked for other guys bringing in guns and rifles from the UK, Canada can't be that much different.
- Mike

wkudu
(.275 member)
04/07/19 03:17 PM

Thanks yall

TexasJohn
(.300 member)
06/07/19 05:31 AM

I just completed this process last month. It took some time due to the backlog created by the Gov't shutdown in January. I used Borderview International as my agent and I have no complaints on their service.

wkudu
(.275 member)
06/07/19 08:49 AM

How does cost work? by percentage of the item value? What kind of fees are there?

DarylS
(.700 member)
06/07/19 11:15 AM

Importing from a private citizen will likely be different than from a company or someone already with an FFL.

TexasJohn
(.300 member)
08/07/19 03:07 AM

The importer usually has a set fee. Sometimes they will run a special pricing with auction houses for items purchased at auction. Check the importer web site for information or call them.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com