FN Mauser in .318 WR

A new custom by Bob de Vries of Kudu gunsmithing in Melbourne:

http://www.ozgunsales.com/listing/39384/318_westley_richards.html

Marcus

DarylS
(.700 member)
12/06/17 09:22 AM
Re: FN Mauser in .318 WR

Good price on that Euroarms 2-band 1858 Enfield - for around here, CDN dollars.
The Manton Lefaucheux actioned gun is about $800.00 to $900.00 overpriced. imho

The FN seems way overpriced, although very nice.

Daryl

Homer
(.416 member)
12/06/17 10:18 AM

G'Day Fella's,

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Donuts!
Rob De Vries does great work.

Regards
Homer

gryphon
(.450 member)
12/06/17 10:40 AM

Quote:

G'Day Fella's,

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Donuts!
Rob De Vries does great work.

Regards
Homer

My .300 H+H was conjured up by him.

Homer
(.416 member)
12/06/17 03:32 PM

Quote:

My .300 H+H was conjured up by him.

Gryphon, I can only imagine your .300 H&H is a Stunner (Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Donuts)!

I want to have my Brno ZKK 600, rebarreled in a fashion that RDV did a mate of mines M98 Mauser.
Round to Octagonal barrel, with full length rib, that integrates a 1/4 rib and front sight ramp.
But I'd like it in 9.3x62 (21") with a Mannlicher Full-Wood stock (by Ross Waghorn).

Doh!
Homer

gryphon
(.450 member)
12/06/17 05:41 PM

Whats the need for the go with the OCT barrel H? Aesthetics or something else?

xausa
(.400 member)
13/06/17 02:41 AM

If for no other reason, that Greener safety would be a deal killer for me. They're virtually impossible to operate quickly in the winter wearing gloves and in the summer with sweaty hands. I had one on one of my drillings, but it's gone now for that very reason. There are so many alternatives which are much easier to operate.

Homer
(.416 member)
13/06/17 10:34 AM

Quote:

Whats the need for the go with the OCT barrel H? Aesthetics or something else?

Gryphon, just for something different and it is almost easy, to profile it in octagonal, whilst your machining the integral flat top, full length rib.
Imagine trying to machine a full length rib (almost easy), and have the remainder of the barrel below it, profiled round (on a non CNC milling machine).

Regards
Homer

gryphon
(.450 member)
13/06/17 11:22 AM

i believe you H,I just shoot em as i cant make em cobber.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
15/06/17 04:58 PM

Quote:

If for no other reason, that Greener safety would be a deal killer for me. They're virtually impossible to operate quickly in the winter wearing gloves and in the summer with sweaty hands. I had one on one of my drillings, but it's gone now for that very reason. There are so many alternatives which are much easier to operate.

Yep. I don't understand why a Greener safety is used on a Mauser BA rifle?

A few of Bob de Vries rifles have them, so I guess he likes them.

One of my shoguns has it, a Greener shotgun of course. I think Marrkai's, now Mick's Fatlady .577 had the safety modified to extend the "button" out into a bar to make it easier and quicker to use.

Homer
(.416 member)
16/06/17 09:22 AM

G'Day Fella's,

I'm of the opinion that "Form Follows Function", and have never seen the thinking behind the Greener safety, other than it is different to other Gunmakers.
I believe it is so difficult and unnatural to use, it soon becomes a "Liability" and no longer a Safety, as shooters stop using it in the field!

Give me a Top Tang safety any day (on both Seedguns, Rifles-including Bolt Actions), as they are so ergonomically positioned, they are just a natural and quick thing to use (without having to change your grip on the firearm)!

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

Contact Us NitroExpress.com