rpeck
()
05/08/17 01:47 AM
Trouble logging in from a different computer

A TALE OF TWO COMPUTERS

I am logged in on my (much better) computer in my office at work but when I go home and try to log in, I can't even get to the Log In site...when I click on "Log In"...it takes me to my home site, but I can't access anything because I'm not logged in...and it tells me to log in first, but I can't....so I have no link to the "Log In" site. Yet on my computer at work I'm logged in and since I never turn this computer off, I just stay logged in...I'm afraid to log out because I might not be able to get back on...what do you think the problem at home is?

Postman
(.375 member)
05/08/17 05:36 AM
Re: Trouble logging in from a different computer

I experience this frequently going between several devices. A power off and on on the iPad or iPhone solves the issue for that particular device.... something is likely being cached on the device that the power cycle flushes. There's likely a more elegant way of rectifying it but I've not been suitably inspired to dig in further

rpeck
()
05/08/17 07:17 AM

Deleted cookies...logged back on..all okay now.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
05/08/17 05:15 PM

Was this logging in to NE or logging on in general?

If so, it is possible to be logged in to NE from more than one device at the same time. At least in my experience.

Postman
(.375 member)
05/08/17 10:20 PM

Quote:

Was this logging in to NE or logging on in general?

If so, it is possible to be logged in to NE from more than one device at the same time. At least in my experience.

In my case it was specific to NE. Something somewhat wonky. It would recognize me as Postman but would tell me i wasn't logged in....... attempting a log in would not accept my credentials, and I can't post. A power cycle of the Apple technology solves it though.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
09/08/17 07:53 PM

Something similar happened to me recently. Showed me as logged in, but I wasn't and while I could see eg MY HOME page, noting would open as I wasn't logged in.

Two possible reasons.
1. Shonky cookie on my PC.
2. Interference by a password security program or "app".

Or a combination of both. Closing the browser and reopening, hit refresh a few times etc. Something along these lines helped. Deleting the cookie and getting a new one would probably also work. Flushing out the memory cache might also work at these times.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com