iqbal
(resigned as a member)
24/06/14 12:35 AM
Need advice

I have a Remington Junior rifle bolt action in 22LR with a peep sight.I would like to attach a scope to it but there is no provision i.e.there are no screws or holes to attach the bases.What should i do.Pl.advise.

Huvius
(.416 member)
24/06/14 03:25 AM
Re: Need advice

On a .22 such as this, I would consider mounting scope mounts with a high bond adhesive.
That way, you can avoid drilling the action or barrel.
I have never done this myself, but I see no reason it wouldn't work.

tinker
(.416 member)
24/06/14 04:22 AM

Show a photo of your rifle, detailing the top of the reciever and the sides of the rear of the receiver.

There may be a readily available product.

aromakr
(.375 member)
29/06/14 11:17 PM

Are there parallel grooves in the top of the action? If so those are for a clamp on type of mount and small dia. scope tubes.
Bob

Ripp
(.577 member)
29/06/14 11:54 PM

Quote:

Are there parallel grooves in the top of the action? If so those are for a clamp on type of mount and small dia. scope tubes.
Bob

I still have a .22 rimfire bought by my parents back the late '60's..a COAST TO COAST hardware store model that has those..used a weaver type mount back then, clamp type mount ---worked/works fine..

Ripp

xausa
(.400 member)
30/06/14 08:36 AM

My Model 69A Winchester, bought in the 1950's, has a Lyman Alaskan scope counted on it. With its adult dimensioned stock, it is ideal for practicing instinctive shooting.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com