Homer
(.416 member)
09/09/19 09:03 AM
100% Pure New Zealand ............ yeah right!

G'Day Fella's,

FYI https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=yo...yUrYPlrO0ko2I4s

Double D'oh!!
Homer

lancaster
(.470 member)
10/09/19 01:35 AM
Re: 100% Pure New Zealand ............ yeah right!

set a link before here in the forum, hope some country bomb this factory in the united states who made this stuff.
hope that everyone who drop this stuff over new zealand will be feed with 1080 in hell day after day once.

DarylS
(.700 member)
10/09/19 02:58 AM

Bloody hell.

Rule303
(.416 member)
10/09/19 09:24 AM

I have an strong hatred of 1080. I believe that now days they set traps and poison bait stations that severely restrict what animals can get to the baits (They may still be doing aerial drops, I do not know). That said I fail to understand why, in this day and age, they are not using a poison that is species specific and quickly breaks down.

I know there are people in Australia that believe the hype that an animal that has dies from 1080 can be eaten by other animals and not affect it.

The bit they had about stoats taking the birds if no rats are about is extremely debatable. Stoats will take whatever is easiest to catch and ground dwelling birds make up a good part of their diet in some areas. Also they interviewed a female from the RSPCA (Royal Society Prevention Cruelty to Animals). She was reporting a case in Aust. It may of happened but I do not trust any thing that comes out of the mouth of the RSPCA. To me they are a rabid greeny crowd, whose rabidness overweight's any good they do.

I do hope both NZ and Aust stop using 1080.

Rod4861
(.300 member)
10/09/19 06:45 PM

http://www.centralhighlands.qld.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IPA-1080-PA5.pdf

https://www.nzgeo.com/stories/1080/

Interesting reading .

It’s probably a necessary evil of last resort.

Rod

Rule303
(.416 member)
10/09/19 08:34 PM

Rod some of what those Govt depts have published is bulldust. For a start the Aussie one is talking about Fluoroacetate been found in Aussie plants. Not Sodium Fluoroacetate (1080). I have seen Goannas that died after eating from a 1080 poisoned animal and the odd dead bird of prey (small hawk) from the same. There is no doubt in my mind that it is far from target species specific or does not cross contaminate non target species that eat contaminated meat/offal. Must add I have no idea how much 1080 had been ingested by the poisoned animal.

No idea how much of the stuff breaks down in Aussie soil as to Kiwi soil. Don't doubt the Video by Graft's over plays some sections as it does play on emotion a bit.

Rod4861
(.300 member)
10/09/19 08:53 PM

Greg, I've got no knowledge on the subject other than what I've read. To be quiet honest the science of it all is beyond me, so I can only go by what I've been able to read from, hopefully, reliable sources. And yes I agree with your thoughts on the Graff Brothers video....plenty of emotion.

For better or worse I reckon we'll have 1080 around until an alternative eventuates.

Rod

Contact Us NitroExpress.com