(.375 member)
11/09/17 07:13 PM
Something Special

"SOMETHING SPECIAL"

Chris was going to walk the spring again on the way back, so I took the lazy option and said" Ill wait here at the Junction". Chris started walking of.

I sat down on a log and dropped my pack. Heard movement to my right in the sand palms. Turned towards the sound , as a large feral cat bounded into view and landed about 1m away its second bound had it on the game trail, and going away from me. Instinct took over safety off, as I stood up the iron sights were on the cat . Swing thru as the sights covered him and the rifle bucked under recoil.

One flattened moggy and a big smile.

Chris thought Id shot at a boar he hadn't seen or put up, but knew from the grin that it was something special. He was stoked when I said "Cat".

Quick discussion and Chris headed up the spring. Hadn't gone 50m when he flattened a great looking old boar.
Heres a couple of pics, cheers Mick
Fat Lady 577. 2 3/4 650 woodleigh RNSP

375 H&H winchester super express

Marrakai
(.416 member)
11/09/17 08:10 PM
Re: Something Special

Couple of quality boars there Mick, but you're right: cats are always worth double points!

Congratulations!

Not the first moggie to fall to the Fat Lady, BTW....

(.375 member)
11/09/17 08:59 PM

Yeah I remembered a post a while back with you and a cat with the Fat Lady. Chris and I have been talking about how good it would be to get a cat with it for a while.
Chris just bought a Thomas Blissett 500 BPE SXS. Got to sort some loads.
I feral cats worth ten boars.
Cheers Mick

Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
11/09/17 09:41 PM

Well done boys, especially with that stinking cat.

Waidmannsheil.

Bidgee
(.375 member)
11/09/17 10:06 PM

Some nice looking toothy boars in that lot! Well done.

Especially well done on bagging the moggie! Real good stuff seeing another of those buggers with a big hole in it.

DarylS
(.700 member)
12/09/17 04:26 AM

Grew up in South Western Ontario, Canada. The game branch there understood full well what cats & dogs in the bush meant for all species of small game.

Game regulations in 1965

"It is the duty of every licensed hunter to eradicate ALL domestic carnivores found more than 500yards from out buildings."

Well done, Mic- good 'haul', cat'nall.

93x64mm
(.416 member)
12/09/17 06:12 AM

Top shot Mick!

twobobbwana
(.333 member)
13/09/17 10:42 AM

"think you used enough dynamite there Butch ??"

(.375 member)
13/09/17 05:33 PM

"Just Enough"

Homer
(.416 member)
13/09/17 07:22 PM

Quote:

Couple of quality boars there Mick, but you're right: cats are always worth double points!

Congratulations!

Not the first moggie to fall to the Fat Lady, BTW....

+1.
Homer

Contact Us NitroExpress.com