(.450 member)
28/02/04 07:26 AM
Re: Don't know if I've posted these before

Bakesey you are supposed to stick `em mate not drown `em hahaaaa

475Guy
(.400 member)
28/02/04 10:59 AM

If you didn't post 'em here but probably at AR. Tell me you guys dig a hole in the ground to cook 'em or do just put 'em on a spit?

Bakes
(.375 member)
28/02/04 12:01 PM

Gryph
I put a bullet in him as he was comming out of that hole, young Matt jumped in and grabbed him as he was dying. He still had some fight left but by the time I got the camera out he'd died. I look stuffed because the temp was 43.6' The pig in the middle pic was taken in the same area a week later. Big Boars but no hooks.

Nope didn't eat him, the other pigs sure did however

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
28/02/04 02:11 PM

Come on, in that heat you boys should take a swim in that pristine crystal clear water.

Bakes
(.375 member)
28/02/04 06:02 PM

YEAH looks REAL inviting doesn't. The dogs enjoyed it

Boghossian
(.275 member)
29/02/04 09:26 PM

Hey Bakes, nice pigs. How do you hunt with both dogs and rifles? Do you shoot the bayed pig, or is the rifle there for random running shots?
P.S. Has anyone used dogs on scrub bulls/water buff???

Bakes
(.375 member)
01/03/04 12:03 AM

A bit of both! If I'm hunting by myself I just take the rifle. If I'm hunting with my mate Gary his dogs come along as well. His son Matt was walking on top of the clif behind him and had walked past the sleeping pig (top pic). I was on the other side and was watching another dog (a Jack Russell called Peggy)I saw Peggy prop and start to bark. The boar got up and was standing there looking at the small anoying dog barking and I shot it.

The secong pig I got with Gary (no dogs) the bloody thing burst out of the bushes (scared crap out of us ) on the side of a creek and I got it as it was topping the other side of the creek.

Dog are used to hold scrub bulls don't know about buff.

AspenHill
(Sponsor)
01/03/04 11:37 PM

And I thought these were going to be the fabled naked Bakes pictures that John told me about.

Nice pork. Where's the beef?

Bakes
(.375 member)
02/03/04 09:03 PM

Hey Ann your back, where've you been? Now just for you I'll post them again....when I build up the nerve

Bakes
(.375 member)
02/03/04 09:16 PM

OK ANN you asked for it. In response to CCHunters calender, here's just two months from the Tony Baker 2001 East Timor calender. First is Mr November, second is Mr December

AspenHill
(Sponsor)
02/03/04 11:07 PM

Bakes, I must say you have some unusual anatomy, particularly in the second photo. Surgical enhancement, drugs or were ya just born that way?

Oh, what do you mean by back? I never went away, not yet. Too early in the year for a vacation.

Bakes
(.375 member)
02/03/04 11:22 PM

I think it must have been the Anti malaria drugs they gave us

In reply to:

Oh, what do you mean by back? I never went away, not yet. Too early in the year for a vacation.

Haven't heard from you in awhile thats all, thought you may be away hunting.

AspenHill
(Sponsor)
02/03/04 11:27 PM

Actually, I have been hunting, just varmints though. Yesterday I plugged a big raccoon. Recent kills include several large possums and several stinky skunks. I hope to nail some more.

I'd say your anti malarials are pretty potent stuff.

ChuckWagon
(.275 member)
02/03/04 11:32 PM

That gives a whole new meaning to " I'm going to P U M P you up " Thanx for the visual Arnold swartzenhagger

Bakes
(.375 member)
02/03/04 11:56 PM

The bottom pic is the one I sent the wife for Christmas I thought it was funny, she didn't as she opened the letter in front of her friends

Do you keep the skunk skins? How do you go with the skunks "stink" glands?

I was going out hunting last weekend but the rain stopped us. We've caught the effects of a cyclone now and its pissing down again Hope it will clear this weekend.

On a brighter note, drove up to Darwin today and saw another big boar standing on the side of the road, would of gone about 90kg ish and two dingo's

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
03/03/04 01:24 AM

Bakes

Did you do the blowing in the second photo or get someone else to do it for you ?

AspenHill
(Sponsor)
03/03/04 01:25 AM

Bakes,

I suppose a pole cat skin would be a neat accessory if you could stand to skin the bugger out. I can barely haul them off to the refuse pile with out throwing up. They do have a neat skull.

Several of our wild animals smell like a watered down version of a skunk like possums, fox and coyote.

I have skinned out some possums, they have nice fur, to make some cold weather head gear with but have not had my taxi man return them to me yet. I do need to get them.

I am slow at skinning and don't do it very often on the small game. They are expensive to tan, unfortunately, if they weren't I would probably do all of them.

ChuckWagon
(.275 member)
03/03/04 02:19 AM

I have never done this and I have never even seen it done but My dad and Grandfather used to run trap lines. My dad tells me that my grand dad could skin a skunk with out hitting the scent sack. I guess I am glad I missed that lesson !

Contact Us NitroExpress.com