thefinegunmaker
(.224 member)
22/02/04 06:12 AM
Re: On SS accuracy....

Holmes
I worked for Miller Arms for a year in St Onge, SD. There we built falling blocks mostly for the Schutzen game. To win the match you had to shoot 10 shot .750" groups at 200 Yards. This was for centerfire and they usually used a .32 Miller short with lead bullets going sub sonic. For rimfire the winners were shooting dime sized groups at 100 yards.

None of the other actions were consistantly competitive and the builders and buyers of the high wall copies and Ballard copies got tired of loosing. They kept trying to change the rules so the big money/prize matches would not include the Miller Action. I told Cyle Miller to print up shirts and give them to his customers that said "If you can't win change the rules" on the front and "If you can't change the rules buy a Miller" on the back. I don't think Miller ever made the shirts, but if I would have gone I would have made my own with a magic marker!

The Miller is the most accurate falling block available. It has the fastest lock time and light weight triggers available. It is not as slim and gracefull as a Dakota #10, and it weighs more also. But, it is very accurate and will chamber centerfire cartridges up to 348 Win.

gunmaker
http://users.elknet.net/chico

Contact Us NitroExpress.com