375RugerNo1
(.275 member)
26/12/07 01:23 AM
Re: Rechambering a Ruger No. 1

Gentlemen,thank you for your swift responses. I truly enjoy learning from those more experience than myself. The .50 Alaskan was indeed a cartridge I found intriguing but was not aware that it was that potent!!

I have #1s n .375 H&H (most accurate load to date is a 300gr SGK at just over 2500fps) as well as a .45-70 (I've cranked out some hot loads 535gr at just over 1800fps, gas checked of course...man do they rock your world without much pain...until you shoot strings of them off the bench...then they get to you).

I wish .50 cal bullets were as "cheap" as the .458 diam ones but I have access to an accomplished bullet caster
any other opinions or thoughts are welcome and appreciated!!

Strangely enough my .300 win mag hurts more than my 375H&H or my .45-70!!!!
My brother also informed me he had the same experience when he shot them. We both have different body types were he is 6 feet 2 inches tall and 175-180lbs and lean and I am 5feet 9 inches at 220lbs (I’m a weightlifter-formerly natural Bodybuilder and power lifter so my weight is distributed totally different from his). Someone mentioned the “rocket effect” to us but I haven’t investigated that too much.

Thanks
Pat

Contact Us NitroExpress.com