mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
04/10/07 05:37 PM
Re: Ferlach Combination Gun Questions

Pete,

Not a 7x65 R but I have an 8mm Mauser rifle with which I had the same experience that you had with Sellier and Bellot ammunition. My rifle shoots several other brands without any trouble, both American as well as Prvi Partizan and some EUropean military stuff, but when a friend gave me some S&B 196 grain ammunition, after the first round was fired, I felt the rifle kick much harder than it normally does. The bolt got stuck so tight that I had to wait for a cease fire at the range and get the help of my friend who had given me the ammunition in opening it.

I spoke later to a friend in Europe who has been involved in ammunition manufacture and he told me that S&B had recently decided to "rationalise" their ammunition lines by reducing the number of different powders they use from 24 to 7. Your experience does not seem to be unique because the Brits seem to call the company's products Sh!t and
Bo!!0cks these days. The company had a good reputation in the past but the bean counters seem determined to destroy this. Please try other brands and you should be OK.

Good hunting!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com