PeteDeal
(.224 member)
11/09/07 09:56 PM
Ferlach Combination Gun Questions

Sirs:
This is my first post here and I am new to these things.

I just bought a combination gun made in Ferlach Austria by John Sigot for $800. I spoke with a fellow in Idaho who used to import Ferlach guns and he said it was likely made around 1905. It is a hammer gun side-by-side with a 16ga barrel on one side and what I believe to be 7x65R on the other side. The workmanship is tremendous with lots of hand engraving. The trouble is that the gun appears to have been used as a truck gun for a lot of years. The bores are nice and the gun is very tight but the stock is all dinged up. The metal has some dings too. I will post some pictures later. I am not too interested in guns that just sit and look pretty so I'd like to shoot it.

My belief that it is 7x65R is somewhat of a guess based on some crude chamber measurements. I plan to make a cast of the chamber to get some better measurements but I can't find any dimension specs on the 7x65R. Also, I'd like to buy empties and reload so any suggestions on dies would be appreciated.

It is hard for me to resist the temptation to work on restoring this thing. Possibly I should resist and just use it and try to not do it too much more harm?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com