Husqvarna
(.224 member)
31/05/07 06:33 PM
Re: Drilling vs Combo

If pigs appear and itīs legal, it aint in Sweden one just slips two slugs in the shotgun chambers and youīll have three rounds to shot and collect pigs with.

A good drilling has the right shotbarrel adjusted to shoot poa with the rifled barrel at 50 some meters, ie one can then use the sights to shoot a aimed slug.

I have tried shooting slugs just over the front sight and have gotten pieplate accuracy at 50 meters, thatīs all right with me, over the sight I get shot and rifled barrel with in 2-3 inch at 50 meters.

Since ny drilling has an aimpoint mounted I just set the red dot on the intented target, gun does the rest.

OT I know but still god info.

Best regards /Chris

Quote:

I have a Sauer 3000 12x12x30/06. I like it. Its a nice gun (though to be honest I would have preffered a European calibre). Heavier cal too.

But in my experience, it is a gun (and I use the word deliberately) to take, when you are chasing small game (rabbits, foxes, game birds) with the chance of a pig or deer. If it was the other way round I would just take a bolt rifle. And blow the odd rabbit of fox to bits with a .30 cal or equivalent. But if you are duck shooting and spot a pig at 150 meters, your still in the game. If your pig shooting and have 15 pigs run out at 50 meters from right to left, you fire once....miss (or hit).....and the game is over.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com