mickey
(.416 member)
30/01/04 11:13 AM
Re: Big Bore SS attraction

In reply to:

Poster: NitroX
Subject: Re: Big Bore SS attraction

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The practicality of owning a Big bore in Single Shot or as a Double Rifle has always eluded me. A Bolt action is much more practical and probably more useful in the full range of hunting activites.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this the Mickey we all know and admire or an evil twin that has taken control of his soul (his PC) and posting in his name?

Love, Love? You are too kind.

For overall application in all circumstances I think a bolt is more useful. That being said, I have always been a romantic and could very happily never touch another bolt action again and finish my life hunting with a Double or Single shot rifle. I would adjust my hunting to fit the limitations, although I don't think they would be as great as some people would like to belieive.

For the most part I have already done so. Aside from a lever action for a saddle gun and a couple of foul weather bolt actions all of my hunting is with a Double. I am looking for a nice single shot in a HV caliber though.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com