Sharps
(.224 member)
06/01/07 12:22 PM
Re: Martini and Hagn 300 Win. Mag., wood chosen

Steve, do you have any experience with the Nightforce scopes? They build a 2.5x10 that doesn't have that front bell. Its an illuminated scope and the one person I have corresponded with that owned one was very positive. I realize that the light gathering may not be perfect at high magnification, but otherwise it is pretty attractive. I am very interested in having at least one scope fitted that is a low power variable without the objective bell. Martin and Ralf are fitting both a set of 1" and 30mm Talley rings. Scope #1 is going to be my old 6x Zeiss 1".

CatpCurl, I am assured by both the Germans (Ralf and Martin) that these barrels are hammered forged German barrels and are not near as fragile as the near lead American versions. I have been told that I can expect 10,000 rounds that maintain hunting accuracy. I will find that out. I am running around 3,000 rounds a year right now and I intend to funnel the next few years quota through the Hagn.

Arc, pictures with no scratches or bends. That way the Germans can blame the problems on me.

Josh

Contact Us NitroExpress.com