Sharps
(.224 member)
02/01/07 12:43 PM
Re: Martini and Hagn 300 Win. Mag., wood chosen

Dave, tell him to bend the barrel...I ain't scared. It won't live long anyway, as much as I shoot that 10,000 round barrel might survive 4 years. Nearly every round I fire in coming years is going down the Martini and Hagn because I am in the process of selling most everything else I own to finance it and the Namibia trip.

I hate that I can't make Reno but the cost of that little excursion will cover the trophy fee on my Hartmann's zebra or do 2/3rds of an eland. However, me and Goldylocks might sneak off to the Dallas Safari Club convention in a couple of weeks just to look around.

The only real decision left is the scope. Martin is fitting two sets of Talley rings to my rifle, one in 30mm and a set in 1". One of the scopes is going to be my old Zeiss 6x that I have had since the early '80's. It has been on my 30-338 that I have killed so many animals with. I like it and I am used to it. For a second scope I was considering a Nightforce 2.5x10 illuminated. It does not have an objective bell and I really like that. Steve Hughes does a lot of his singles with slick front scopes and I think they look perfect that way. The other choice would be a Schmidt and Bender 1.5x6-42 in flashdot. They are both insanely expensive. Do you have any thoughts?

Buy Martin and Ralf one for me.

Josh

Contact Us NitroExpress.com