Omnivorous_Bob
(.333 member)
01/01/07 12:08 PM
Re: 4 Bore Range Results

Gatsby, I certainly hope an elephant can be lined up for 08 or 09. I brought the subject up with my wife about a week ago and she's all for it.

I should have made clear that target above was at 25yds, not 100! Those we 2 shots w/70gn of Blue Dot at 1070fps. I'm sure the rifle is more accurate than I am. I've done all of my shooting offhand w/o a standing rest, but can still put the first 2 touching or close to it at 50, after about 3 accuracy (read FLICH) goes down hill. It will hopefully be minute-of-brain/heart accurate! As for recoil, I have a nice purple bruise on my upper bicep today. It seems like the gun comes back hard enough to drive my shoulder back and slide onto my arm. Normally I would chalk this up to poor technique or stance, but I've fired about 75 rounds (so I know what I'm getting into!)through it and 4 friends have shot it too, and its exactly the same every time. I've thought about videoing a few shots to see if that offers any ideas. If I can solve that problem comfort, a relative term, should improve markedly. The gun has a generous butt with a huge surface area; my shoulder is not sore at all.

The incrediblely frustrating issue is getting an invalid chronograph reading when firing an abusive load, and knowing I'll have to do it again!!! I test with a few shots from a 22 pistol after set up to ensure everything is functioning, but still with muzzle blast, BP, wadding, etc, there is a bunch of room for potenital problems. BTW, I just got a copy of Terry W.'s "Dangerous Game Rifles" and think this rifle is pictured on page 23, unless there is another surviving Bland single, which would be wonderful.

Regards,

Bob

Contact Us NitroExpress.com