Omnivorous_Bob
(.333 member)
17/09/06 07:31 PM
Re: 8 bore rifle ammo needed

Raff, a friend of a friend (a former saddle maker) made a pair of those carriers for $55 a piece with about a week's turn around. I just gave him some empties and described what I had in mind and was very impressed with the excellent work. He's making a 6 shot version for my 10 (2 5/8" standard diameter case) now. I'll get his card or loan you mine to try out after I pick it up if you're interested.

Brian, I've had excellent results with Dave Casey's (rockymountaincartridge.com) brass. If your gun is a 'standard" (if there is any such thing) .835" 3 1/4 paper case gun I'd bet he has it on hand. I've also just sent him a fired case and chamber casting before too, and while it took a while, the results were worth it and he now has the dimensions on file for future orders.

NEI has a far selection of pricey but well made molds (neihandtools.com) and may have a few that aren't listed on their website. Ballistic Products also has some wads, plastic industrial hulls, etc.

Best of luck with your new toy, please keep us posted on how it works out. I'm envious of the fun you guys are going to have at the Vintagers!

Bob

Contact Us NitroExpress.com