NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/02/23 02:52 PM
Re: A one off?

I think it is a ridiculous firearm. Way over complicated, with so many barrels and cartridge choices. Did the user get confused which ammo went where?!

I agree a drilling is an excellent idea. Two rifle barrels and a shotgun where the rifle is more called for. Or the more usual two shotgun barrels and a rifle for bird and fur shotgunning and the occasional rifle shot.

My two barrel combination rifle shotguns are fun and useful. But limited by one only of each. A single barrel shotgun is the most limiting.

As for drillings, to me that's the limit. Some do have a small .22 RF or Hornet barrel in between. If it actually shoots to target that is a useful addition.

Btw hochsitz hunting is very different from stalking. The hunter takes a lot longer to decide and shoot. I hunted roedeer in Northumberland and the gamekeeper related how German hunters would come with drillings and shoot the wrong barrel. I took a "hochsitz hunter" out after chital stag here. And he thought he could spend 5 minutes staring at the stag instead of 5 seconds to get a shot off. Was also constantly texting on his phone ... I should have taken his binoculars away and thrown his phone away as far as I could ... I make a great guide!

The displayed Funfling (?) 5 Barrelled gun was a museum piece for a reason. One off. Unusual. Before being stolen by an arsehole.

Hey if we have to give stuff back legally purchased, liberated, stolen from blacks, browns, reds and assorted colours, what about the "white man"!

That gun would make a nice walk decoration and conversation piece only IMO.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com