NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
01/02/23 10:04 AM
Re: Drilling Fell Into My Hands

Quote:

Quote:

PS great to see you here on NE again too!

It's always a pleasure to visit here. I've wasted far too much time and energy at 24HR, where everyone is a "cov-tard, lib-tard, pedo-tard"...etc, etc...LOL. It's a free for all of the unwashed, John.

And I hope we stay polite here! Keep all the 'tards out!

Quote:

The Hornet shoots MOA with factory WW HPs.
The 7X57 from a cool barred each shot shoots about 1.75 with S&B 173gr cutting edge bullets, awful bullets for big game. They virtually explode on contact. I have some very old stock Remington 165gr RN that reduce the group by 1/3 with my careful hand loads.

That's great.

Quote:

For the bad news, my good friend the gunsmith fell in love with it while he was modifying the rear sight from auto pop-up when the rifle was cocked/selected to a manual sight that he modified internally, so the 7X57R barrel doesn't have to be activated to have the rear sight up. Just flip it up and down with your finger, a far better set up for shooting right barrel einstecklaufs.

Well, he wants it, and I owe him countless favors over the last 30+ years, so guess what? He's going to pay me what I paid and be the new owner, but I can borrow and shoot it any time.

Not great! Keep away from that guy!

Quote:

As part of the deal he'll install a never used, just as new Kreighoff Left barrel 22 Mag insert and regulate it to the scope at 50 yards on my 16/16/7X65R Kreighoff Trumpf Dural drilling, my favorite gun. Sans scope, I use it often as an upland gun for Chukar, quail, and grouse. It wears a 1.5-6 Zeiss.

OK a good deal.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com