NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
20/05/22 08:07 PM
Re: A Magnificent new Rigby Falling Block Rifle in 416 No.2

Well imo Rigby does it again excellently.

Some people claim new Rigbys are not to the standard of the old. Yes some models are not the same as the "old models".

Then Rigby produces something exactly to an old standard. Often the same people are still critical. Look at the Corbett replica creation and some naysayer comments.

The custom London Best shop can make exactly what you want. I assume

Then the complaints are - the price!!!

Well buy an over priced plastic Blaser then!

Btw I think $20,000 and over for a vintage M98 Rigby .275 is also ridiculous. I can't afford that. Often average walnut as well. I would get a custom plainly stock .275 M98 made up for one-third of that, I think. No name but the same style.

Now I admire Rigby for its innovation on older styles. The Mauser 98 rifles, once largely missing in the market for a decade or more. Some limited offerings of M98s by some Euro makers. Now in regular availability again. The Rising Bite doubles being made again as well. Now Farqhuarsons! Wow! Are they 100% the same? No idea.

Marketing innovation. The East African canvas tents. Later the Scottish tartan themes. The Corbett Commemorative India Tour.

Now a Farqhuarson styled single shot. Expensive! But if it sells well enough, does anyone care if those that can't afford it are upset? I can't afford it either. I like that it is being made even if I will never own one.

100 plus years ago an original Farquharson would have been beyond my farmers wallet for sure as well.

Beautiful new old rifle. And in a modern great "classic" cartridge, the .416 No. 2 Rimmed Rigby. If I ordered a Rising Bite double it would probably be the .416 No.2 Rimmed.

But wow!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com